Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next after 1st change?

Hi,

Any1 can advise what is next for my system after my last change of zeolite 2 weeks ago?
    Still dosing zeostart, zeobak and zeofood?

Am i still in phase 1? going to phase 2? what are the next steps?

Your now in Phase II.

What was your original dosing schedule and your total volume? Also, how are your corals? how are they reacting to this new change? by color, polyp extension, and growth. This will let us know if you need to up your dose, lower or continue the same dosage.

Comment

Originally posted by invincible569
      Your now in Phase II.

What was your original dosing schedule and your total volume? Also, how are your corals? how are they reacting to this new change? by color, polyp extension, and growth. This will let us know if you need to up your dose, lower or continue the same dosage.
      Hi,

Schedule every otherday
      Dosing zeostart 3ml to 4ml
      Zeofood 12 drops
      Zeobak 12 drops

Color, not much changes
      polyp, extended quite well
      growth, some remarkable, some remains

Do i need to dose other zeo stuff?

Comment

hi,
        I use additionally Amino Acid , because no Aminos are in any salts.

robert
        300 x 90 x 70
        http//www.korallenzucht.at/oshop

Comment

Sorry forget, my total nett volume is 450gal

Comment

reef post some pics of that baby PLEASE

Comment

Hi Stanley, I'm glad your corals are thriving Remember to go slow, you'll get to goal, as each system is unique in it's response to lowering nutrients. Color WILL brighten once nutrients become poor. Be sure your reef is not trapping detritus & that your bottom-most LR is not collecting gunk. If so, redesign your reef & tank circulation to avoid this nutrient factory If your are not having excess bacterial film as slime on your upper LR or diatomaceous accumulates on your panes, I'd recommend continuing the same zeo-component quantities for this next cycle. Remember to dose ~ 4 1/2ltrs of zeolites with the correct water flow of 450gph[1800l/h] & ~1 1/2ltrs. carbon. Bob
              "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
                Hi Stanley, I'm glad your corals are thriving Remember to go slow, you'll get to goal, as each system is unique in it's response to lowering nutrients. Color WILL brighten once nutrients become poor. Be sure your reef is not trapping detritus & that your bottom-most LR is not collecting gunk. If so, redesign your reef & tank circulation to avoid this nutrient factory If your are not having excess bacterial film as slime on your upper LR or diatomaceous accumulates on your panes, I'd recommend continuing the same zeo-component quantities for this next cycle. Remember to dose ~ 4 1/2ltrs of zeolites with the correct water flow of 450gph[1800l/h] & ~1 1/2ltrs. carbon. Bob

Thanks Bob,

I have 2 reactors with each containing 2 to 2.5 litre of zeolite and running at about 1000 l/h flow. I recently change the carbon and place 3 new 500ml of carbon on it. although the water seems cleaner but some corals seems to react slowly. Maybe due to the bulb that i have.. I remembered i have BLV 10,000k 400W SE bulb which seems to be quite yellowish but the corals are coloring up. But now change to coralvue bulb 10,000k which has a lower par, but very crip white, my sps seems doesnt response well. Will change back to BLV.

Comment

Working...
                X