just ordered zeovit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just ordered zeovit

would someone be so kind as to give me some recommended dosages for my setup.......total water volume is about 20 gallons,skimmed heavily already,dose calcium. tank has been running for 11 months now but just went with sps a month ago..thanks

Bob, AKA Aged Salt will help you out I am sure..

Peace, Jeff

Comment

answer those questions in the sticky in the general fourm, this will help Bob aka Aged Salt out alot in your dosing schedule.

Nick
      275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Congrats, Micro-reefer As Nick mentioned, if you would answer the questions in the sticky "Tell us about your Reef", dosing recommendations can be made. Thnx. Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

total h20 in my tank-20 gallons(including sump)
          no ca reator
          no p04 reactor
          no ozone
          no uv
          diy skimmer with 170 gph pump
          ca 420 alk 6 meq/l mg 1440
          flitration- live rock and skimmer
          light -250 wastt de hqi 20k xm new
          coral acro,blue tort,tabletop.monti caps
          tissue color dark
          running 11 months (sps recently)
          drip kalk
          15lbs live rock
          use salifert test kits

hope this helps

Comment

Micro-reefer, with ZEOvit method, it is paramount to run your system with the parameters near NSW. In this regard, lower your KH to 6.5-8. Your other parm's are inline. No KW is dripped with ZEOvit. Be sure to read & understand the ZEOvit guide, a sticky at the top of this forum. Be sure to test your system for P04's/N03's. Dose 1/4 Cup of carbon in a mesh-bag, passively in your sump, kneaded every other day. Change these with new carbon every 4wks. Dose 1/4ltr. zeolite in a zeo-filter at a flow rate of 25-40gph, cycled on & off every 3hrs. Clean the stones 2x's/day. Exchange the zeolites in 4wks intially then the interval can extend to every 6wks. Dose bak/food7--1 drop/1drop every other day for the first 2wks with new zeolites, then 2x's/wk. Turn off your skimmer for 60min after dosing Bak/Food7. Dose these in front of the intake zeo-filter pump. Dose Start .25ml 2x's/every other day thruout the first cycle. When just dosing Start, it is not necessary to turn off the skimmer. Plz. post questions here if you have questions Bob

Comment

whats the safest way to lower the kh? water changes?...thanks

Comment

Micro-reefer, can you tell us your means of maintaining the water parameters? Thnx. Bob

Comment

ok bob.... just changed out my rocks at 4 weeks how should i dose everything looks ok...currently dosing 1 drop bak/food7 2 times a week and 1/4 ml start 2times aday every other day...one formosa did get a little lighter but i think its ok cuase i cant see it get any worse...no thinning tips couple corals coloring up from brown out and trates are undetectable as for po4 also...thanks

Comment

You're on the correct pathway--your description of the corals is also a good sign at this stage. The zeolite interval will extend to 6wks. from now on. Use the same quantity of stones & carbon. Dose bak/food 1 drop ea every other day for the 1st 2wks. then, 2x's/wk. Dose Start .1ml 2x's/day daily. Bob

Comment

always nice to see new faces
                      Nick
                      Nick
                      180G SPS Mainly
                      10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                      Calcium Reactor
                      3 Tunze 6105's
                      Profilux Controller
                      ATB Return w/ wavysea
                      ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

this may sound stupid but wheres .1 ml on a salifert 2ml syringe?...lol thanks for everything

Comment

lol wish i could tell ya there 5 lines per ml
                          Nick
                          Nick
                          180G SPS Mainly
                          10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                          Calcium Reactor
                          3 Tunze 6105's
                          Profilux Controller
                          ATB Return w/ wavysea
                          ATB M External Skimmer

Comment