GQJeff need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GQJeff need advice

OK Jeff i just read about ur fuax BB how long does it take to heal before adding the corals to the tank ? also if i were to use something to glue the sand to my starboard what should i use and how long till i can add the corals to that my problem is i dont have anywhere to put my sps's in the mean time so i need ASAP healing
    Nick
    Nick
    180G SPS Mainly
    10 Bulb T5 Starfire
    Calcium Reactor
    3 Tunze 6105's
    Profilux Controller
    ATB Return w/ wavysea
    ATB M External Skimmer

Nick, hello how are things going with the reef these days? Things are great here. Ok lets get on with the faux bed. I did my epoxy faux bed before I set the tank in october. I used acrylic under the epoxy faux bed because I have 1/2" bracing around the bottom of my 240.. If I did it again I would use glass. If you do not have the thick bracing I would go directly to the glass bottom. For me I let the epoxy bed dry 4-5 days. Then I used a scrub brush to scrub off any lose sand. Then I vacummed it up. I then set the tank is place and plummed it all so about 4 more days went by curing the epoxy.. After that was all done I ran fresh water in the system for 3 days to clean out anything I left behind and to also check for leaks. Overall I would say about 10 days before I added saltwater. Then I ran the system 2 weeks without zeo. After adding zeo 2 weeks I started adding sps and haven't looked back.. If oyu need more detailed info I am more then happy to help.. If you have any other questions go ahead and ask.. I like to help if I can.

Peace, jeff

Comment

Jeff, what product did u use for the epoxy?
      Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Farish, if you can go to RC and do a search for epoxy faux sandbed you will find a post about it... I can't exaclt rem the name off my head.. I will check in a few hrs though when i go home for lunch if you do not find it on RC.. It is a great thread though for info on it so I would def look for it.. I would do the search for 2-3 month back in the reef discussion forum... Try a variable of those words if it does not come righ tup.. Idea for faux sandbed also try that...

Peace, jeff

Comment

10 days i just dont have i really wanna do it also i was thinking about doing the glue to the starboard w/ sand on top and just leavin the starboard out of the tank for a month and then when the months up taking out everything and putting it in that away its fully cured and i cn have my livestock ok in the tank like nothing is goin on
          Nick
          Nick
          180G SPS Mainly
          10 Bulb T5 Starfire
          Calcium Reactor
          3 Tunze 6105's
          Profilux Controller
          ATB Return w/ wavysea
          ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Working...
          X