Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever used this product named Magnesium Concentrate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever used this product named Magnesium Concentrate?

Magnesium Concentrate users~

How about this product? Is it good?

Is if for raising MG or maintaining MG?

Thanks in advance~~

www.spsholic.com

I use it to maintain.. I have 10-15% in my Ca reactor... Does a great job maintaining around 1350-1400.... I used Kent Mg to raise it to 135o then let the granulate do the rest......

Comment

which mag granulate do you use in your calcium reactor? i was thinking of throwing some in my deltec pf500?

thanks!

Nick
      275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Growtech Mg pro... you do not have run the reactor at a lower ph to make it work either..

Comment

well thats good i usually run mine at about 6.5ish give or take alittle just starting to get the unti dialed in since i only have a handful of SPS right now.

anyway i will haev to look into it, how much do you use? i have a 180 display and a total net volume of abotu 245 minus the LR displacement!

where can i order this stuff?

thanks!

Nick
          275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Sorry for confusing you.

I wanna know this product not granulate MG supplement

www.spsholic.com

Comment

No I am sorry for not reading hahahahah.....

Comment

hey jeff was that a bashing remrk u just made lol ...........
                Nick
                Nick
                180G SPS Mainly
                10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                Calcium Reactor
                3 Tunze 6105's
                Profilux Controller
                ATB Return w/ wavysea
                ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

The Magnesium Complex Concentrate by Korallenzucht is a similar product as the other available liquid magnesium solutions. I have never used it, I prefer the add Mg granulate to my CaCO2 reactor.

G.Alexander

Comment

This is one where i have to agree with everyone else that I would need to know what exactly is in it. For example, bob always states to make sure its not just Mg.. as it may have NaCl which will boost your salinity levels. Do any of you know if its just Mg or any other elements? I currently use Kents Mg and it has the NaCl, but at least I know so I can monitor my salt levels... but with this product, im not sure what other levels I need to look out for if dosed.

Comment

Edward, have you tried going the Mg granulate in CR route? Im doing that too and mg levels are very stable. Didnt even have to drop my CR Ph downwards from 6.7. Troublefree and maintenance free way of maintaining MG?
                      Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Edward, without being a chemist – there are any chlorides contained in such products. Magnesium as a metal is not soluble in water. This is exactly why I am careful. It always will add chloride to a tank which changes over a longer period the composite of the tank water (ions). If regularly water changes are done, the problem will be lower.

I am sure some experienced chemists can tell more about it.

G.Alexander

Comment

The granulate works wonders thats for sure...

Comment

Working...
                          X