Zeo with Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeo with Fish

With this Zeovit system, do you have to severely put your fish on a diet? I feel that I really do not overfeed but I am sure I am adding more nutrients to the tank.

I am building a new house as we speek. I want to start from scratch with my reef. Was considering Zeo from the start.

With this Zeovit system, are you noticing any more growth? I see that the colors are brighter etc.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, & welcome to our forum Optimizing fish-feedings, of course, are important with all methods of reef-keeping. While it's helpful to restrict nutrient import, it is not necessary to starve our livestock to accomplish our goals with corals. I have never had better SPS color or growth before ZEOvit, & I've kept SPS for many, many years If you decide to go forward with ZEOvit, plz. thoroughly understand the sticky: "ZEOvit Guide" at the top of this forum & post your tank info per the sticky:"Tell us about your tank". Thnx. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

hi jeremy,
      I am feeding my fishes 3 or 4-times a day - and my Nitrat or Phosphat is 0. I think its important you have a good and a little bit oversized skimmer.

robert
      300 x 90 x 70
      http//www.korallenzucht.at/oshop

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

I have been interested in the ZEO system for quite some time. My biggest obstacle is that I travel alot. My wife does the maintenance while I am gone (and does a great job) but she very much dislikes it. It seems that there is constant additions of drops as well as daily cleanings of the fluidized filter. For me, I live for that kind of stuff. For her, I am not so sure.
        It still seems like you cant go wrong with this system. I will post the tank specs was suggested.

Thanks again,
        Jeremy

Comment

Jeremy, one can be away for a wk. or two w/o dosing, tho the zeolites should be cleaned at least once/wk. This is especially true when in latter phase 2 & in phase 3--so in time it does involve less punctuality Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

I am pretty much sold on the system (specially after your last post). I guess if I purchase the filter, it will make it easier on her to clean the rocks. I guess I need to tally up the enitial cost. After that, it should be smooth sailing.

Jeremy

Comment

hi jeremy,
              its not right that you had to add dropps every day, only if you start with ZEO. Than, you drop bacs and food only one or two times a week. if you use zeostart and amnio acid you should add dropps every day, here you are right.
              but its not really a had work to do this, I think your wife will check it.

robert
              300 x 90 x 70
              http//www.korallenzucht.at/oshop

Comment

Working...
              X