Is zeo start really neccesary???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is zeo start really neccesary???

I know that zeostart is reccommended, but it is expensive!!! (was it $60???)

If say for example I dont use zeo start, will I get the same results eventually??

(Is zeostart just made to speed things up?)

All zeo stuff seems good except the start...thats really expensive (IMO) for a chemical(or whatever is in it) :smash:

ehhh?
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

I bought a 250ml bottle for $42.00 I think and this shouls last me over a year. I have a 125 gallon tank and I dose 0.5ml a day. This way it will last me about 500 days. This shouldn't be a deal breaker. I spend more money replacing the ZeoVit every 6 weeks.
    I am out there, and loving every minute of it!

Out of the closet, that is. The Zeo closet.

Comment

Adam- we have told you if you are goign to do the system do it all, you need to start to help with the whole bacteria cycle.

Bob correct me if i am worng but i think its a carbon source for the bacteria

SO it is recomend that you use it!

i would figure out if you can afford the monthly bill if you can and can afford the start up cost then i would do it ALL not some stuff ALL of it and besides you can get a bottle of start for cheaper that 65 bucks! trust me save your money and do one thing at a time,

you said you were saving money for LR this whole summer i woudl concentrate on 1 thing at a time gett hat done Right and then go on to the next thing.

also i would consider start a vital part in the ZEO system.

Nick

P.S. Bob if anything i said was worng please correct me or anybody for that matter i am about 80% sure on the fact that start is a carbon sorce for the bacteria and is needed in the system, thanks
      Last edited by nbd13; 02-13-2005, 12:42 AM.
      275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Yes, it costs a lot, but it lasts FOREVER... I still have 1/8th of my first bottle left and my tank is 4+ months old...

When first starting ZEO, when you use the Start you can really see the skimmer go into overtime...

I would use it...!
        Rimless Starfire 85g SPS
        (36" x 26" x 21")
        ATI Powermodule 10 x 39W
        ATB Small Cone
        RK2
        Vortech MP40W
        6025 Stream modded
        Vertex Zeo Reactor
        Balling

Comment

As Nick[nbd13] said, the ZEOvit method relies on all components for the best effect to our system. Mixing methodologies or using ZEOvit improperly will result in failure. ZeoStart, currently, provides a carbon source that nourishes our bacteria & resulting in their "pac-man" like action on our nutrients. Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

ok thanks...
            Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Working...
            X