Sneaky detrious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneaky detrious...

There is just some detriuous that I plain can't get to in my 75 gallon BB acro reef. When I do the weekly water changes...I cant reach it. I cant reach it when I do the turkey-basting thing either(2-3 times a week...detrious settles fast).

Will leaving this behind the rocks cause any damage to the water quality???

I try to siphon it out when I do my weekly water changes...but I just cant get all of it. And there are really large chunks of it too!

Where...what? all of it is coming from my LR??? if so, thats crazy but things like that happen when there is no sand!

IMO sand is an exuse for hiding detrious you dont want to see!!!
    It doesnt really do anything(

Ehh...so the question is, will the detrious chunks I cant get to cause any damage to water quality even with weekly water changes???

Thanks
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

I think you mean detritus.

Point a maxi-jet at it. It will go away and get skimmed out.

--Rick
    Zeovit user since October 2, 2004

Comment

Yes I did install a powerhead near the bottom of the tank yesterday...a maxijet 600(pitiful exuse for water movement...but it works).

It does stirr it up a little bit...
      Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Hi Adam, I use an long Kent-Pro scaper along the back to loosen any detritus where the flow can carry it into the overflows Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

ehh?? what?? Along the back?? could you re-phrase that sentence or something...I dont really know what you mean "along the back"...thanks

Comment

bump
            Nick
            Nick
            180G SPS Mainly
            10 Bulb T5 Starfire
            Calcium Reactor
            3 Tunze 6105's
            Profilux Controller
            ATB Return w/ wavysea
            ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Adam, I have open space between my tank's back wall & the reefscape, which allows room for detritus maintenance from the back side of my tankBob
              "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

ahh ok yep there is no room in the back of my tank....

Comment

Working...
                X