Skimmer wetter or thicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skimmer wetter or thicker

Is there a preference to how wet our thick the skimmate should be?
    I just got my Deltec set up and its a bit wetter fluid than what my ASM was. It is skimming quite a bit though.
    Thanks for any advice

Scott

I think wet with a green-brown tinge is right :-)

Hey put it this way: if what comes out smells, the skimmer works.

I hear ya skimming quite a bit. My skimmer skimms 2" per 24hrs I bet in a 4 inch or so skimmer cup!
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Originally posted by DH_Freak
      Is there a preference to how wet our thick the skimmate should be?
      I just got my Deltec set up and its a bit wetter fluid than what my ASM was. It is skimming quite a bit though.
      Thanks for any advice

Scott
      you skimmer needs sometime to break in, it can take up to 2 weeks in some cases, wet skimming gets more out, zeo user prefer wet skimming,

Comment

For my Deltec, I set it so that I skim wet enuff for me to easily flush the waste away without resorting to tissue paper for the dried mud-like bits etc etc that I was facing with my beckett. I just have to twist and remove collection cup, flush it with a spray of water for a few secs and twist it back in. All in all, it takes less than 3 mins to clean the collection cup.
        Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz
          you skimmer needs sometime to break in, it can take up to 2 weeks in some cases, wet skimming gets more out, zeo user prefer wet skimming,
          Some non-zeo users like it wet too.

Comment

Hi Joe, & welcome I've found this method of skimming much more productive in nutrient-poor waters. Bob
            "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
              Hi Joe, & welcome Bob

Thanks , I was wondering where everyone went over there .

Comment

Working...
              X