Current setup and process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current setup and process

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
    5. Are you using Ozone
    6. Are you using UV
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
    12. What corals do you keep
    13. Tissue color (light or dark)
    14. How long has the tank been running
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
    18. Any present problems
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
    23. Which salt brand do you use
    Last edited by G.Alexander; 01-10-2023, 03:34 AM.

Well that sucked I had completely filled out this and nothing saved.

Comment

Welcome to ZeoVit.com !

Sorry to hear about the issues, please share the information from the above questions again as they are necessary to give you a startup dosage.

Just copy and paste the questions to Winword for example and fill out the form. Once if you are ready copy and paste all together again in a new reply to this thread.

G.Alexander

Comment

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
        170 Gallons Display 60X30X22
        2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
        230 Gallons w/Sump
        3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
        No
        4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
        No
        5. Are you using Ozone
        No
        6. Are you using UV
        No
        7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
        Royal Exclusiv Deluxe 200
        8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
        N/A
        9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
        ALK 9.0 Ca 525 and Mg 1340
        10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
        Filter socks and skimmer
        11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
        Qty 2 Radion XR30 G-5 Qty 1 Radion XR15 G-5 & 4 Blue Special ATI T-5 in a Aquatic Life Fixture
        12. What corals do you keep
        90% SPS with a couple Chalices and 1 Carpet anemone
        13. Tissue color (light or dark)
        Light
        14. How long has the tank been running
        10yrs +
        15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
        Had a thriving SPS tank that crashed about 3yrs ago when I traveled out of the country and my Calcium Reactor was not adjusted properly, after losing thousands of dollars of coral I decided to go Fish Only for about 3yrs, about a year ago I decided to jump back in and refit the tank with new lighting and new skimmer was using 3 400 watt 20K metal halide and had a Royal Exclusiv Double Cone 200. This time I wanted to go with a Low Nutrient type tank and decided to use the Zeo method since every tank I had ever saw photos of were fire! Purchase the Avast marine automatic zeo reactor and all the stuff to get started and here I am.
        16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
        Kalk through a Avast Kalk Stirrer and Tunze ATO
        17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
        Seeded with 1 piece of Orginal and re scaped custom built by me.
        18. Any present problems
        Just got rid of the Cyano, Dino, and Green Hair Algae! Tank is really starting to come around and all my corals are looking fantastic! These were caused by me, I did not read the dosing parameters correctly and was dosing way to much, I was dosing Zeo Food Daily and also Sponge Power, I was also dosing Pohls and the Zeo Coral System 1 thru 4 this was causing lots of algae issues. After a few months I re read the instructions and felt pretty stupid!
        19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
        Nothing presently causing any issues.
        20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
        I test with Hannah and Salifert, I use a Milwaukee to test my Salinity
        21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
        Currently dosing Zeo Bak 8 drops twice weekly, Zeo Start daily 1.8 ML, Zeo Food every other day 16 drops, Cyano Clean daily 16 drops, Sponge Power Every other day 8 drops, I use Coral Snow 2 times a week 8 ML, I also am using Coral Food 8 ML 2 or 3 times a week. I dose Zeo Coral System 20 ML on Thursday and Sundays for 40ML weekly. I change out my Zeo Lites 1 Litre every 4 weeks and I also change out my activated Carbon every 4 weeks.
        Currently dosing
        22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
        Salinity is 34 to 35 PPM and the temp is 77 to 78
        23. Which salt brand do you use[/QUOTE]
        Red Sea Blue Bucket and I do about a 30 gallon water change weekly​

Photos coming soon!

Comment

This was pre crash and pre Zeo I will get some current stuff asap.

Comment

Thank you for the details and the pictures. Basically things are looking good but I would recommend you some changes.

Water parameters:

Adjust them very slowly and try to keep them as solid as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
            Ca 400 – 420 mg
            Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
            K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

For a net total water volume of 170 US gallons I would recommend you to continue dosing as follows:

ZeoBac 7 drops 2 x weekly
            ZeoStart – 0.65 ml 2 x daily
            SpongePower – 7 drops every other day

CoralSnow – 7 ml 2 x weekly
            ZeoFood – 7 drops 2 x weekly

I do personally not have experience with the corals system (1-4) but basically I would recommend you to reduce the dosage to 15 ml for each product once or twice per week. The nutrient poorer a system is running the less of those elements should be necessary to prevent the corals tissue from getting darker.

I would personally also recommend you to stop dosing the additional corals food, instead you can dose 14 drops CoralVitalizer twice per week.

Use 1.6 liters ZeoVit with a flow of ~ 170 US gallons per hour through the reactor. Replace 90% of the material every 6 weeks. As you use 1 liter of the material I would recommend you to increase the quantity in two steps over the next 2 exchanges.

Use 0.6 liters activated carbon passively flown in your sump and replace it every 4 weeks.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
            X