Millepora problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millepora problem

I'm having a problem with milleporas gradually peeling their legs, tenius and other are fine. anyone have any suggestions? thanks
    kh 7.2
    ca 420
    mg 1350
    kali 410
    salinity 34

Hi Kenny. Are you using leds or t5? They don't do that well under led's. Are they on the edge of your tank? How many millipora are stn rtn.

Comment

Hi. I am using leds. They are just outside the tank. I use a par meter where they are around 350 par. I have 4 millepora stn

Comment

Can you please share a picture of the affected corals and also from a different kind of coral like the tenuis ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Sorry, I'm on a business trip so I don't have any photos. but paleta, microlados or tenius still work properly. Of course polyps are not good. But mille is really weak. my no3 and po4 are 0. I usually only feed my 10 tangs once a day. about 1 teaspoon nutrion ocean pellet or homemade food. I'm thinking of starving corals.

Comment

All the corals are in good health, only the mille coral is not good. Is it possible that it is a problem of pests? Unhealthy mille coral, how does it look, is the coral bottom TN?

Comment

exactly. coral bottom affected by TN. All corals go through a QT for at least 1 month so I can confirm it's not a pest. I'm trying to find out if zeovit has any products with overdose or lack of trace elements that make mille suffer first.

Comment

I'd like you to get a new test kit (kh and Ca) to cross check the results to clarify that the base water parameters are correct with the values ​​you posted.

Basically most of the Zeo organic additives will not harm the appearance of corals TN, the negative impact of organic additions is coral blackening/algae growth, not TN, and the trace elements can also be organic additions. If you replace the water 5-10% per week with high quality salt, then we are not worried about the lack of trace elements in this regard.
                Last edited by jacky; 12-20-2022, 10:54 PM.

Comment

You can fill in the relevant information of your tank so that we can learn more. If the coral is TN, it is good to temporarily slow down some materials or slow down the reactor flow.

Comment

I use mastertronic, ghl and also apex in my system. After retesting by salifert, the overall results of the patients were almost consistent. I use blue redsea salt. Currently suffering from chrysophyte moss. the supplements i took exactly as your instructions and alexander instructed me.

Comment

If all your other corals are doing fine and growing my guess are flatworms or a crab but this is difficult to say over the distance without having a picture.

Millepora poly expansion can also have something to do with a leak of iodine, if you have a korallenzucht iodine product already you can try to dose 2 drops / 100 liters once per day for three days to see if the situation is getting better.

Beside this you can try to temporary increase water changes.

Aggressive carbon can also have a negative impact to polyp expansion, not sure which one and how much you use.

G.Alexander

Comment

Hi alex. i use 1L passive fly carbon in sump, iod for about 3 months now not add 1 drop. I can certainly not flatworm. I do flatworm stop 3 times a week and the corals are all safe in the tank for about 3 months now haven't added any new corals to the tank

Comment

I have zeovit iodine on hand and I will try to add more to the tank. So I'm going to add 22 drops a day for 3 days right?

Comment

I would still not be sure because of the flatworms if possible rule it out by taking the coral out to observe the base for eggs or any flatworm typical tissue issues.

Not sure about your total net water volume but if it is 1000 liters 22 drops Iodine once per day for 3 days would be the right quantity.

Is the carbon you use korallenzucht carbon ?

G.Alexander

Comment

I have 2 photos. I took them out to the dip and were perfectly clean. I just added 22 drops of iodine complex. Also sent icp test, reduced 2.5 liters of zeolite and 1000lph flow rate to 1.5 liters and 600lph.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X