Help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me!

I need help. I just found out this afternoon my son pressed the on button on the apex neptune app when I wasn't paying attention and the coral booster about 200ml has been dosed into the tank. About 6 hours later I found out, Immediately I changed 50 liters of water in the salt tank that was still available, intending to continue to change 140 liters tomorrow morning. The question is what are the ingredients coral booster has? Will there be too much impact on corals? Besides changing the water, is there a better way to fix it? thank you...

In general, excess organic matter can lead to various undesirable outcomes such as harmful algal blooms, cyanogens, bacterial blooms, etc.

You can also add CoralSnow and adjust the skimmer to moist. Basically, the less nutrient-poor the system, the more likely the coloring/nutrition products will show the coral's appearance, so I don't think it's too much of a concern. Conversely, give the system time and the coral's appearance will gradually recover from the addition of excess product, depending on the nutrient concentration.

Don't worry, let's observe individual reactions, such as coral appearance, monitoring nutrition, whether algae and other issues.

Comment

Keep doing water changes with a good quality salt. Everything should level out.

Comment

thank you guys. I did as you said. use coral snow. what i'm worried about is because i'm afraid there are microelements in coral booster. the only thing I saw this morning was bacter bloom. corals are still normal, polyps are still blooming well. continue to change 10% every day continuously for 5 days. Is there any problem if the water is changed continuously. thank you

Comment

No it should be fine I change 8% daily for over a year now

Comment

If the coral health doesn't show a negative reaction, I'm not too worried about it. Basically high doses (nutritional/coloring products) will not harm the corals negative reactions, it should react to the appearance of the corals, eg: coral tissue thickening, polyp expansion, a higher dose will bring a positive/different effect on the appearance of the corals Extent/Impact. @CoralSnow 1ml/100L dose for 3 consecutive days, adjust the skimmer to moist, and keep changing the water 5-10% every week. Over the next few days, observe coral appearance, nutrition, and any algae/Cyanos issues.

If you are worried, I would suggest you to change the water by 15%, do 3 water changes in 10 days, and replace the refreshing elements in a balanced/interval/moderate way.

Comment

thank you. I have stopped all amino, vitality, now I only dose kh mg and shift, change water. The accident happened at 5pm yesterday, today the corals are still blooming polyps as usual, hope there will be no consequences... I hope the negative reaction will happen as soon as the corals are damaged. shock, if so maybe I was lucky, just like you said, there is a little brown algae, because normally my stones are very white because no3 and po4 are zero so it's easy to see. I have dosed coralsnow with zeobak as you said.

Comment

Nutrient/Coloration Products - Changes in coral appearance, not negative effects of coral TN. (Negative reaction here, that's what I mean)

What are your adding plans KZ products?
                How old is the tank / How old is the ZeoVit system
                Last edited by jacky; 11-15-2022, 01:12 AM.

Comment

My tank is just over 2 months old. next plan is to use coral booster, fws, xtra special, k balance, b balance, acro glow, biomate, zeozym because i have sand background, amino, vitality, coral snow and of course lac big4 minus zeofood. because I heard that using amino and vitality doesn't need zeo food anymore, 1200 liter tank

Comment

thanks. tank is still very young. Due to your description, there is a bit of brown algae. I suggest that you temporarily stop adding AA and Food7 until the situation improves.

Comment

Working...
                    X