Low nutrients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low nutrients

I have been using Zeovit for 3 years. I have always had the aquarium with nitrates and phosphates and potassium at 400 with water changes. Now it is at 350 potassium and nitrates and phosphates at 0. I currently use the basic of zeovit. What do you recommend me to do?

ZeoVit Pohl's K-Balance Potassium (250 ml)
    ​your levels are not that low. What kind of skimmer are you using.
    Potassium is one of the key elements for successful reef aquaristics. Since it must be available in a suitable proportion at all times, it is also one of these important elements.

Potassium is a macro element with importance for skeletal growth and cell function as well as nutrient conversion, but at the same time also a “fertilizer” for zooxanthellae. It is therefore important to keep the potassium value as stable as possible.

It is therefore contained in seawater in a comparable quantity to calcium, and it is no less important. The correct concentration in relation to the other macro elements is important for the successful aquarium care of corals. If you maintain a reef tank with mixed coral inhabitants and you use a high-quality brand salt mix to perform regular partial water changes of 10 percent per week, a potassium deficiency will very likely not appear.

Potassium is a macro element that should always be set slightly below the calcium value (Ca value minus 20 mg/l). The optimum value is between 380 and 420 mg/l. Potassium is a nutrient and part of the supply process for corals and biofilms.

Comment

Depending to the size of your system K-Balance Strong would be a alternative, it does contain more K+ ions compared to the Standard version. If you increase the level make sure to do it slowly otherwise your corals will show negative response. Maximum dosage with usually does not cause issues is 1 ml / 100 liters every 2 – 3 hours but would recommend you to start with 1 ml / 100 liters 2 x daily (morning / evening) while monitoring the level.

G.Alexander

Comment

Once the appropriate potassium parameters have been achieved by having the nutrients at 0, do you recommend using any product to feed the acroporas?

Comment

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/Sal...re/Coral-Food/

all of these are food

Comment

Do you already own some additional korallenzucht products, if yes which ones ?

It would additional be goog to see some of your corals to give you a recommendation which to use additional, can you please post some coral pictures ?

G.Alexander

Comment

I know all the KZ products but I would like to know your opinion on which ones to use. Or continue only with the poop of the fish. Currently I do not use any except the basic Zeovit. 100% acropora
              Attached Files

Comment

That's a beautiful tank. So your using start 3, bak, zeovit stones and sponge power. Personally I use start 3, booster, bak and coral love and I have decent growth and good color.
                Each zeovit product is good and can enhance the tank in a small way. Are you adding amino acids? Some people swear by them other people claim they cause pathogens and stn

Comment

Awesome 😎

What are you dosing
                  Lights

and a few more pic cool 👍

Comment

Instead of buying new products I liked to know if there are any additional products from korallenzucht your have already so we could use them in the first.

Are there any beside the basics you use which you already have ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by Bugger View Post
                      That's a beautiful tank. So your using start 3, bak, zeovit stones and sponge power. Personally I use start 3, booster, bak and coral love and I have decent growth and good color.
                      Each zeovit product is good and can enhance the tank in a small way. Are you adding amino acids? Some people swear by them other people claim they cause pathogens and stn
                      Yes I use start3, bak, sponge power, zeovit stones and biomate. I thought to use amino acids but I never used it. Its an good idea to me.

Comment

Originally posted by NZ-Nick View Post
                        Awesome 😎

What are you dosing
                        Lights

and a few more pic cool 👍
                        Thanks.
                        I use t5 with 8 bulbs and 2 bars blue light.
                        I will take some photos this week.

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
                          Instead of buying new products I liked to know if there are any additional products from korallenzucht your have already so we could use them in the first.

Are there any beside the basics you use which you already have ?

G.Alexander

Apart from the basic zeovit I used flatworm stop and coral booster, I finished it a long time ago and I was thinking that since it has low nutrients it would be interesting to use the same products or try others, since zeovit has many

Comment

Thank you from the pictures I would say your corals tissue is more on the light side so some additional elements might help to improve coloration.

Lets try to dose CoralBooster @ 1ml / 100 liters and 2 x weekly again, also FlatwormStop @ 1 ml / 100 liters 1 x weekly.

Personally I would also dose 2 drops CoralVitalizer / 100 liters 2 x weekly and 1 drops PotassiumIodineFluoride / 100 liters 2 x weekly.

If green coloration is to light some Iron might be helpful also and for general more intensive coloration XTra Standard.

Would recommend to start with what you already have while observing the corals for changes over the next 2 – 3 weeks.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                            X