starting with zeovit and need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting with zeovit and need help

Hi guys. I am running a full zeovit system after switching from triton, my no3 po4 is almost undetectable. I am using an orphek lamp, what I am interested in now is with zeovit how much par can I set, I am in the habit of keeping the par pretty high, around 450 to 600. 1200 liter tank, am using zeostart 2ml divided do it twice daily, zeobak twice a week, sponge power 3 times a week, dkh 7.5 mg 1380 case 420 controlled by apex, ghl and mastertronic, skimmer bubble king 300 deluxe, uv and ozone yes but i don't turn on, flow rate return pump about 14000 liters/1 hour. no3 1 - 2. po4 0. I am about to use fws and coral booster, biomomate, b balance, k balance, xtra special. Using amino and vitalizer every day, coral snow 2 times a week. New tank 2 months old. Looking forward to all the advice as I am a newbie to zeovit. Any advice is appreciated. thank you

Welcome, I love the landscaping, it looks good, and some of the corals look healthy. Biology seems very young, I think give the system enough time to go through and stay at the recommended dose for a while, let's get the potassium test pack, get the actual potassium concentration, K+~380g, remember to ramp up slowly.

Comment

thank you jacky. I would like some advice on whether to use vitalizer and amino. and the products I'm planning to use, should something be increased or decreased? bright coral. thank you

Comment

Its an impressive setup. Hi Kennylee. Those are some really nice looking corals. Which amino acid product do you have the LPS or the high concentrate? If you follow the instructions on the bottle you can't overdose the product. I have seen some zeovit user add ten times as much vitalizer and this have a functioning tank. Do you have any idea of what kinds of corals you have in the photos

Comment

The new tank is 2 months old and the biology is not that stable, so I hope to keep the regular recommendations, correct dosage of base potion/flow rate of zeolite material and replacement cycle/use of activated carbon.

K-Balance - Get Potassium Test Pack, K+~380g

BioMate- 2 drops/100 liters every other day

Fws and coral booster- over time
          B-Balance- over time

Xtra special - suitable for thin coral tissues, it is recommended to get [email protected]/100L 2 times a week.

Amino-1 drop/100 liters 2 times a week

Vitalizer - 1 drop/100 liters 2-3 times a week

Coral Snow 1ml/100 liters 2 times a week

Comment

Thanks bugger and jacky, I currently have about 60 species of sps, tank is sps dominate, I don't have LPS. Pictured are Rainbow loom, candy land and orange passion. Thanks jacky, I don't understand what you mean by B balanxe and fws "over time". sorry for my english

Comment

b balance and Fws and coral booster Let's stop for now. Have you gotten your actual potassium levels

Comment

I haven't tested the potassium yet because I'm waiting for the test kit to arrive. but i started the potassium dose of triton 2ml 1 day. it is equivalent to a value of 0.07 potassium 1 day

Comment

Looks like it's a good plan to do it in a slow, step-by-step manner, up to 380g is recommended, which is only slightly less than natural seawater calcium levels

Kh 6.5-7.5
                  Ca 400-420
                  Mg 1250-1300
                  K+~380g

Comment

Amazing aquascape, love the open look.

As a constant reference it would be good if you could answer those questions, will give a quick overview to your system for later recommendations:

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...bout-your-tank

G.Alexander

Comment

Thank you Alexander.
                      Happy to provide tank information and get help from you
                      By the way, I still want to ask: does the high par conflict with the zeovit system? and if the par is low, will tenius not get good colors and slow them down?

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
                      ​​​​Net
                      1250l
                      2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
                      ​​​​1100l​​​​​
                      3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
                      ​​​​YES
                      4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
                      ​​​​NO
                      5. Are you using Ozone
                      ​​​​NO
                      6. Are you using UV
                      ​​​​NO
                      7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
                      ​​​​BUBBLE KING 300 DELUXE FOR 2000 - 3000 L
                      8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
                      ​​​​NO3 1 - 1,7 PO4 0
                      9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
                      ​​Ca 420 mg 1360 kh 7.5 ​​​​​
                      10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
                      Skimmer and Zeolite reactor Skimz 157
                      11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
                      ​​​​​Led orphek icon x3, 4 ledbar blue sky 4 blue plus 3 kessil a360 for only shimmer effect
                      12. What corals do you keep
                      ​​​​​60% Tenius 40% millie and...v.vv... 100% sps
                      13. Tissue color (light or dark)
                      ​​​​​LIGHT
                      14. How long has the tank been running
                      ​​​​​2 MONTH
                      15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
                      I was impressed with zeovit's nutritional control, very stable with new tanks, cleanliness, almost no ugly period, and the effect of the little blue jars.
                      16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) Power elixir 15ml 1 day, acropower 15ml 1 day. I use them because they have worked well for me in the past. they are divided into multiple doses during the day and night. I add 2ml of triton potassium per day. start dose of potassium after 2 months
                      17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
                      ​​​​No
                      18. Any present problems
                      The coral is bright and slightly faded, not sure what products to use next
                      19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
                      a film on the glass and coral frag base that I don't know if it's biofilm or algae
                      20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
                      ​KHD for Kh, mastertronic for no3 po4 and iodine, apex full for kh mg ca, temp, ph, salinity, orp. Hanna no3, po4, kh for cross comparison
                      21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
                      ​​​​​Zeobak 12 drop 2x/w, zeostart 1ml 2x/d, spongepower 12drop 3x/w, zeolite 2L. Coralsnow 10ml 2x/w
                      22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)​​​
                      ​​​​​TEM 25.5c, salt 35ppt,
                      23. Which salt brand do you use
                      Redsea blue

Comment

Great, thank you so it makes it easier to have all the information in one place.

Basically your dosing regimen is fine, lets continue as follows:

ZeoBac – 10 drops 2 x weekly
                        ZeoStart – 1 ml 2 x daily
                        SpongePower – 10 drops 2 – 3 x weekly
                        CoralSnow – 10 ml once per week

For the system size it is recommended to use 2.5 liters ZeoVit with a flow of 1000 liters per hour through the reactor but as you do not have ay kind of nutrient issues you can continue to use the reduced quantity of 2 liters, just make sure to check the reactor flow, should be ~ 800 liters per hour.

Additional running 1 liter activated carbon passively flown in the sump would be recommended, knead the carbon every couple of days to prevent channeling and replace it every 4 weeks on a alternate day of the ZeoVit exchange. Some kind of carbon are very aggressive in removing elements from the water which can cause issues but in the meantime several brands are available which work well. I have personally used the Korallenzucht carbon but any other “gentle” carbon will work well also.

From the coral pictures I can see that the millepora corals show good polyp expansion so potassium might not be a issue but I would recommend to get a test to be sure.

My experience with LED is very limited but basically I would not expect that the PAR level you use does cause any harm, once the corals are adopted to intensive light they are doing well. If you add corals from another system you can place the on the bottom for some days before lifting them up to the rocks which will help them to adopt.

Some kind of a biofilm on the glass is common and basically a good sign so nothing you have to care about if it does not get worse or if those are algae.

Can you please post a list of the Korallenzucht products you already own ?

G.Alexander

Comment

thanks alexander. I am having zeobak zeostart, sponge, amino, vitalizer, biomate, acroglow, coralbooster, fws, coralsnow, k balance, b balance, zeozym, activated carbon kz, i forgot to fill in the form that i use 1 liter of activated carbon of kz. replaced every 4 weeks. I am curious if I can put activated carbon in the zeolite reactor?

Comment

At the moment I would recommend you to keep the carbon passively flown, once the biology is more solid you can place it in a mash bag on the top of your ZeoVit reactor, just make sure to use 50% of the quantity in this case and replace it every 3 weeks.

As you already own additional products it might make sense to use those additional:

Vitalizer – 20 drops 2 x weekly
                            CoralBooster – 5 ml 2 x weekly
                            AcroGlow – 5 drops every other day
                            B-Balance – 5 ml 2 x weekly
                            K-Balance if necessary to keep the level around 380 mg
                            ZeoZym – 1 spoon 1 x weekly

G.Alexander

Comment

thanks alex, can i split coralbooster into 1.5ml per day? because i use dose for most except vitalizer, zeobak, biomate. and I'm using fauna's Kh Mg Ca but not adding trace. Should I use balling light? Or just using xtra special, k and b balance is enough? I am doing automatic water change 1% every day with Kamoer x2sr. thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                              X