Transition to Zeovit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transition to Zeovit

Hello everyone, I'm currently in rhe process of transition to Zeovit due to the fact that my nutrients are only down by water changes.
    I would like some help to introduce Zeovit to my system to improve the quality of life of all the organisms in it.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
    ◇ 500Lts.
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
    ​​​​◇ 400lts.
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
    ◇ No
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
    ◇ No
    5. Are you using Ozone
    ◇ No
    6. Are you using UV
    ◇ No
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
    ◇ Bubble Magus EX7 1000lts
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
    ◇ 0.05 PO4 and 10 NO3
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
    ◇ 430 Ca, 8Kh and 1320 Mg
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
    ◇ Refugium with caleurpa with lights online after display off and Sump with roller mat from Bubble Magus
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
    ◇ 2x Radions Xr15 G5 Blue with whites, green and red at 10%
    12. What corals do you keep
    ◇ ​​​60% Sps 30% Lps and 10% zoas and mushies.
    13. Tissue color (light or dark)
    ◇ Dark on some Sps Acroporas Tenuis
    14. How long has the tank been running
    ◇ 18 months
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
    ◇ Improve the overall quality of this system
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
    ◇Balling from Reef Z Elements and some products from KZ. like AcroGlow and Coral Booster
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
    ◇ Around 40kg with 18months
    18. Any present problems
    ◇ Some days light diatoms and windows with algae every 2 days
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
    ◇ Random rtn on any month, dark acroporas, low growth and. poor colouration.
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
    ◇ Hanna And Salifert with 12 months, recharges with less. than a month.
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
    ◇ Nothing at the moment but got all the essencial kits
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
    ◇ 1.025 at 25.3°C , ICP Clean with everything ok at that time
    23. Which salt brand do you use
    ◇ Red Sea Blue bucket​

Hello Espiga and welcome to ZeoVt.com !

I would recommend you to start as described as follows:

1. Place 1 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 400 liters per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.4 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 4 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 4 drops. Dose 0.4 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration, at the moment stop dosing them except your supplement for Ca, KH and Mg. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

At the moment keep the refugium with algae, the algae can be removed later once they start to die off / stop growing because of the nutrient reduction.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
    Ca 400 – 420 mg
    Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
    K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander

Comment

What about ZeoFoodPlus, should not use it at the moment?
      I'm dosing little amount of os Ati Phosphorus since my PO4 gets near 0 everyday, should I stop it also?
      ​​​​​​Cheers

Comment

While doing the ZeoVit program, reduce the supplements you use to reduce phosphates by 1/3, also remember that nutrition should not go up, if all is well and steady, reduce the dose in a slow and gradual manner, this process does not should be fast. If possible, this process was extended until the zeolite reactor was switched to continuous flow.

Zeo Food Plus let's go for a while, and then we can add it to adjust the appearance of the coral.

Comment

Alright, starting today 😁
          Tia for all the support.

Comment

Working...
          X