Nuvo 20 gallon Progression advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuvo 20 gallon Progression advice

Hi there Ive been running Zeovit for about 6 months now loving it but would like my setup and dosing checked. Currently experiencing brown algae outbreak due to over feeding accident.
    1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
    90 Litres

2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
    85 Litres

3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
    no

4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
    NO

5. Are you using Ozone
    NO

6. Are you using UV
    NO

7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
    IM Desktop skimmer, medium skim concentrate, working on getting a better skim rate

8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
    po4 : 0.04
    no3 : 2-3

9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
    KH : 8.4
    Ca : 480
    Mg : 1520

10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
    Micron socks, zeovit carbon

11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
    Kessil 360 + controller, 3 years old, excellent condition

12. What corals do you keep
    LPS + montipora

13. Tissue color (light or dark)
    medium to light - dosing Zeospur good results

14. How long has the tank been running
    18 months

15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
    N/a

16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
    Zeovit Carbon 83 grams monthly
    Zeovit rocks 186 Grams 6 weeks

17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
    18 months excellent Coraline algae growth

18. Any present problems
    Brown algae glasswork and some diatoms on the sand

19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
    N/a

20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
    Redsea testkit:
    CA/DKH - weekly
    NO3/PO4 - monthly (or if I notice an issue)

Elos
    KH - weekly

21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
    I currently use 0.183 Kg or ZEOvit rocks + 0.83 Kg or zeovit carbon
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 16.14.12.png
Views:	67
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	604309

22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
    26 C

23. Which salt brand do you use
    Tropic marin pro reef

Dosing levels look ok. Parameters seem fine. Are you getting brown on the glass everyday? Have you tried a sand sifter for your sand bed. Do you have snails or hermit crabs or is this brown algae not being eaten?

Comment

Regarding your system, the zeolite material is about 0.2 liters and the reactor flow is 85 liters per hour. (Please also confirm that the hourly flow rate of the reactor is correct)

Let's fine-tune the base product dosage/frequency a little

Zeo Start - 0.85ml x2 daily, (morning and evening)
      Zeo SpongePower - 1 drop every other day
      Zeo Bac - 1 drop 2-3 times a week
      Zeo Food - Temporarily discontinued

Base water parameters are high - let's cross-reference the salinity with a precision salinometer to make sure the salinity is at the appropriate level.

Also let us get the potassium test pack, as stable as possible to the parameter 380g

Not sure if the brown algae you describe is brown algae (can you provide a picture, it is important to confirm what kind of algae it is), it is good to get some functional animals, such as snails.

In addition, the tank is currently 6 months, and the biology is not so stable. I'm not sure if you change the zeolite material, how much, and the cycle if the difference is too big, this could also lead to changes in biology

For some diatoms, please also check the RO/DI unit, the water quality is guaranteed to be the best. Some people also have it after changing the zeolite material, but this is not a serious problem, and some snails may help.

Comment

I would additional recommend you to cross check salinity with a different, accurate instrument as the main water parameters are all relative hight which is common for high salinity, also let the KH drop to ~ 7.5 slowly and keep it there as solid as possible.

in Jackies dosing plan is a typo, the ZeoStart dosage should be 0.085 ml 2 x daily, he just missed a zero.

Please also check your RO water with a TDS meter, do you use a purest water resin already as the last stage of your RO unit ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Ah.. I'm so sorry I gave the wrong dose of Zeo Start. Thanks G.Alexander for correcting the correct dosage for me.

Comment

Working...
          X