Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Alexander
    replied
    Where you already able to cross check the NO3 level with a different test ?

G.Alexander

Leave a comment:

• jacky
    replied
    From the tank related information you posted, there is no mention of the type of sand used. Can you describe about the sand it was wet sand or dry sand?

Leave a comment:

• kshukla
    replied
    My grafted monti frag is in bad shape and all other frags are new however mushrooms and anemone is fine. My Zoa usually are not opening as well and not thriving to say the least. 2 softies died day before yesterday . All acro frags are new and I will love them to a different tank in the mean time while I figure this out. My plan is to 1) reconfirm testing 2) I added a bio cube so hope slowly it starts helping 3) perform daily water changes or a big water change

Leave a comment:

• kshukla
    replied
    Here are picture of tank I will send sump pictures in morning
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jacky
    replied
    Get the Salifert NO3 test kit, or the Hanna NO3 test kit to cross-reference. Maybe NO3 is really high, as G. said, post some more pictures of the tank and the inside of the filter tank, it may help.

Leave a comment:

• G.Alexander
    replied
    A NO3 level of 240 mg is really unusual and I guess if it is correct. Have you already used a different test kit to cross check if your test is accurate ?

Please also post pictures of some corals, a full tank shot and a picture of your sump.

G.Alexander

Leave a comment:

• kshukla
    replied
    Phosphates are 0.06

Leave a comment:

• kshukla
    replied
    Checked my Ammonia and Nitrites - Both 0 , Its only Nitrates that are causing the issue.

Leave a comment:

• kshukla
    replied
    1:10 dilution gave me a reading of 23.9 - so overall my nitrates are around 239 - help please

Leave a comment:

• kshukla
    replied
    Need help - a faulty testing method has created a situation for me - my nitrates are above 75 ( I do not have a test kit which calculates better)

Leave a comment:

• kshukla
    replied
    Hi Jacky, Yes my apex trident daily does 2 tests for calcium and mg everyday and is calibrated correctly.

I have been manually working to bring the CA level up and Now the levels have reached to 400, One more day of dosing and then I will stop the dosing and tune the reactor to keep it maintained.

I am slightly not sure about the plan from here on - I have 10 more days of dosing schedule that I am clear but want to understand better about a regular cadence or plan with KZ product dosing schedule - I am sorry there are too many products and i am confused.

Leave a comment:

• jacky
    replied
    The Ca level is 350mg If the detected result is correct, (some people have abnormal deterioration/discrimination of the test kit) (I just hope the measured value is indeed the correct level) Let's proceed in a slow and step-by-step manner, Also be sure to keep it slow. Other parameters of base water also let us slowly adjust to NSW (including potassium)

Leave a comment:

• kshukla
    replied
    Thanks - sorry my ca has been low to 350 now and I am bringing it to 400 now.

Leave a comment:

• jacky
    replied
    Ca-450 is already a bit high

Try to keep them as close to NSW as possible within the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
    Ca 400 – 420 mg
    Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
    K+ ~ 380 mg​

Leave a comment:

• kshukla
    replied
    Thanks Guys. The system is up and running and stable. My Low calcium is still a problem but I am increasing it slowly so plan to have it at 450 range in 2 weeks time.

Tank looks healthy, the water looks clean and the corals have a good extension.

Looking forward to populating with a few colonies of Acros once all the parameters stabilize.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X