How to convert over to Zeovit from Fauna Marin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to convert over to Zeovit from Fauna Marin

I am looking for help with converting over my tank from Fauna Marin US Style Prime Frag System. I had to start over my tank 4 months ago due to lightning strike damaging my tank equipment and tank crashing. So I am starting over. I have used the Fauna Marin system in the past with good results but it is nearly impossible to get their products in the US. The last products I ordered came from Canada. So I think it is a time for change. I do like in their system the bulk of additives are twice per week. but I have had issues since restarting their products. My nitrates and phosphate were zero and had a Cyano outbreak. Did dose some nitrate and phosphate which took care of cyano problem along with adding some fish. Then added some coral frags. System now with high nitrates and phosphates. I only feed once a day and not a large amount.

Can the Zeolites be run in a media reactor? I have media reactors in my Dreambox sump that I would like to use for Zeolites. The reactors are plumbed off my main return pump. Otherwise, I do not have room in my sump for a dedicated Zeolite filter.

Here is my tank information:

My basic information is:

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - 100 gallons
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - 75 gallons
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique - No
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) - No
    5. Are you using Ozone - No
    6. Are you using UV - Yes
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) - Bubble King Mini 160
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels - 0.13 and 17.3
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels - 480, 7.59, 1403 ( Using Apex Trident)
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) - Berlin method (filter socks, skimmer)
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) - Neptune Sky LED fixture
    12. What corals do you keep - Mainly SPS with some LPS
    13. Tissue color (light or dark) - Have some color in corals but alot are more brown in coral.
    14. How long has the tank been running - 4 months
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system - Looking for alternative to Fauna Marin system . Hard time getting their products or any support. Like the Zeovit system and results I have seen online
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) - I plan on using Zeovit supplements. Looking for direction on this. Currently using Fauna Marin Coral Vitality, Coral Spint, Color Elements, Organic, Amin, Min S
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) - No live rock. My rock is marco dry rock
    18. Any present problems - High nutrients
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) - High nutrients. Mainly due to large fish load and mainly corals are all frags. There are 2 clams. Do have some green algae on rocks but not a large amount.
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) - Neptune Trident for Ca, Mg, kH,. Hanna for NO3 and PO4
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) - None yet, Looking for guidance
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) - Salinity 34.5, Temp 79, pH 7.91
    23. Which salt brand do you use -Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

Thanks for any help.

Sounds like you have a high end setup. Does your dream sump have lids and that's why you want to use your reactor?
    you will need 1000 ml a full bag of zeovit changed at 4 to 6 weeks and zeobak dosed ten consecutive days after each zeovit stone change, twice a week after that
    some must haves are start3, coral booster, extra, sponge power and amino lps. there are a lot of good products you can make your tank even better then the ocean.
    biomate and cyanoclean can help a tank too
    I have used fauna marine as I am from Canada and can get it easily, I mix suppliers depending what is in stock.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. My sump does have lids so I would like to use my reactors. The lids are so nice to keep salt creep down.

I'm doing some more reading but think I'm going to make the change.

Comment

I've never had Royal Exclusive stuff. Is there any way you could add a base with a rod super glued together.

Is there a way you could pressurize flow threw the reactor chamber. If your could direct all flow to the reactor and maybe shake up the stones some how.

That organic fauna marin stuff is for tanks that don't have fish. Please stop using it

Comment

Here is the guide
          https://www.aquariumspecialty.com/pu...de_english.pdf
          and here is the diagram
          https://s3.amazonaws.com/brsinstruct...glish_2018.pdf

Comment

Hi and welcome to ZeoVit.com !

I would recommend you to start as follows:

1. Place 0.8 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 75 US gallons per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks. I am not familiar with the RE media filters but as long as you are able to move the ZeoVit material adequate to clean it once or twice per day it should be fine. Maybe a picture of your sump and the media filter would be helpful for further ideas ?

2. Place 0.3 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 3 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 3 drops. Dose 0.3 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

The system is not compatible with UV and O3 so I would recommend to switch off the UV when you start.

Basic water parameters are not 100% ideal at the moment, slowly adjust them and keep them as solid as possible close to NSW within the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
            Ca 400 – 420 mg
            Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
            K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

As nutrient are relative high at the moment you will need some patience before they start to slowly decrease. The PDF guides Bugger has linked to contain a lot of important additional information especially for later if the system runs nutrient poor solid.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220402_123707.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	603293 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220402_123715.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	603294 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220402_123755.jpg
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	603295 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220402_123812.jpg
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	603296
              Here are pictures of my sump, media reactor manifold and media reactor

Comment

Thanks for the dosing recommendations. I will order products this weekend to get started.

I did a recent ICP test and potassium was 371. I will order a potassium test kit to be able to monitor

Comment

Thank you for the pictures, it should be easy to modify the reactor with some changes to use it as a ZeoVit reactor. You might find some ideas over here even if many pictures are not shown anymore as the thread is older:

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/equip...iy-zeoreactors

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                  X