Coral snow - CyanoClean- A balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coral snow - CyanoClean- A balance

Hi my name in Cristian , I have a 70x60x50 tank with cost to cost beananimal and Sump. Rock 30 kg. ATI light 10x24w ATB microsize skimmer with PSK600 sicce Movement 2 MP40 Ascent 6000 L / h Ca reactor loaded with jumbo coral Automatic refilling tunze Osmosis produced by me with all the precautions (TDS always at zero ppm)

I have had a problem with cyano for a few months. I decided to use the KZ protocol. I stopped the coral vitalizer and amino kz dosage. I gave the big dose of A balance and continued with coral snow and cyanoclean. A balance after the first dose should be dosed after 10 days. Since the problem is unchanged, can I give A Balance every day with snow and cyanoclean?

Yes, give these three products a day, I don't think there is a problem. If possible, please fill in the tank related questions in detail, so that we can learn more. Cyano happens on sand or rock?

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...bout-your-tank

Comment

Hello Cristian and welcome to ZeoVit.com !

I would also not see a problem dosing A-Balance, CyanoClean and CoralSnow every other day for a couple of days but do not overdo.

Please give us some more details about your system as Jacky mention, if possible please also share a picture of the cyanos and a picture of your sump.

G.Alexander

Comment

jack

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter 210 L
        2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter 250 L
        3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique I use CaCO2 reactor with jumbo corallina
        4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) NO
        5. Are you using Ozone NO
        6. Are you using UV NO
        7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) ATB mikro Size with PSK600
        8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels PO4=0 NO3=0,8 - 1
        9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels Ca=415 Mg=1260 Kh=8
        10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) NO
        11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) T5 ATI 10x24w
        12. What corals do you keep SPS
        13. Tissue color (light or dark) light
        14. How long has the tank been running 2 years
        15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system I use Zeovit for food corals PCV, ammino KZ
        16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) Iodio
        17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) 30 kg
        18. Any present problems red Cyano on rocks
        19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) red Cyano on rocks
        20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Hanna for P and Po4 - Tropic Marine for No3 - Ca Mg Kh Salifert
        21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) No
        22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) Salinity 35%0 - Temp. 25C*
        23. Which salt brand do you use Red sea Salt

Comment

G.Alexander

Thanks for the reply as soon as I can I insert photos of the tank.
          I thought of dividing 100 ml of A Ballance into 10 times, dosing 10 ml every day with reef snow and cyanoclean.
          Do you think this is too much?
          Why did you say to only use it for two days?

Comment

This is my situation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0742.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	603068 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0740.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	603069 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0741.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	603070 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0744.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	603076 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0745.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	603077 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0738.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	603072
            Attached Files

Comment

First of all - it is recommended to check that the TDS of the water at the outlet of the RO/DI device should be 0. It is also recommended that you use a resin material as a filter to pass it through at the end. This is very good.

Let's stop adding for now - ammino KZ and Iodio

The Net water volume and Gross water volume of Tank seems a little strange, can we be a little more clear, I think it's just a keyboard error.

Cyano Treatment: Mixture - 4ml Zeo CoralSnow + 2 drops Zeo Bac x7-10 days (wait 5 minutes after mixing well, turn off the skimmer 2hr after adding, then turn on to adjust to wet, clean the collection cup clean to make it more mud out every day)

Current situation (Cyano and coral looking healthy) you can do additional water changes 15-20% 3 times in 10 days, while vacuuming the infected areas on the cyano rocks, removing them as much as possible, in a balanced way Refresh supplementary elements.

A Ballance and cyanoclean can be added (as recommended on the guide), you can also wait for the mixture to treat for a while before adding, most people get improvement (give the mixture)

What is your instrument for measuring phosphate?

What brand of activated carbon do you use?

Get a potassium test kit that publishes actual potassium concentration levels

Comment

Hello Cristian, as Jacky mention stop dosing everything beside the basics (Bac, Start). Additional you can start treating the cyanos. Especially Iodine does improve the growth of cyanos from my experience.

My suggestion is to dose A-Balance like recommended by the manufacture. Additional dose 2 drops CyanosClean mixed with 2 ml CoralSnow daily per 100 liters net water volume.

Why did you say to only use it for two days?
                This must be a translation issue, I was thinking of dosing it for a one or two week period.

G.Alexander

Comment

jacky Thanks for the support

First of all - it is recommended to check that the TDS of the water at the outlet of the RO/DI device should be 0. It is also recommended that you use a resin material as a filter to pass it through at the end. This is very good.
                  I only use RODI with TDS 0 ppm. I use DI Triton resins and I don't use osmosis when reading TDS 0.001

Let's stop adding for now - ammino KZ and Iodio
                  OK

What is your instrument for measuring phosphate?
                  Hanna HI736 Phosphorus Ultra Low Range

What brand of activated carbon do you use?
                  Triton Carbon

Comment

G.Alexander
                    Thanks for the support.
                    I used A-Balance as recommended. 100 ml for my tank (one day only)
                    2ml Coral snow + 4 drops of cyanoclean ( for a week.)

Yesterday I dosed 10ml of A-Balance + 2ml Coral snow + 4 drops of Cyanoclean. This morning the situation
                    improved.

Today I want to dose again 10ml of A-Balance + 2ml Coral snow + 4 drops of Cyanoclean, to win this war.

My question is this: I don't know what's inside A-Balance, but I don't understand why I can't use it every day (only at this stage),
                    in this variant (10ml of A-Balance + 2ml Coral snow + 4 drops of Cyanoclean.)....it seems that the three product solution works well against cyano
                    Last edited by Cristian83; 03-08-2022, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Nobody beside the manufacturer knows the ingredients of the products but I do not expect any issues from your actual dosing treatment. I just can tell you that several elements do “work better” if a higher concentration is used once than splitting this quantity to several small additions. Can not tell you if that is the case with A-Balance but as you notice improvements already you are on the right way.

G.Alexander

Comment

G.Alexander
                        Today I want to make a water change (10%).
                        I notice the thinnest cyano, but under them there are algae, is this normal?
                        Last edited by Cristian83; 03-09-2022, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Not normal Cristian but also not unusual as cyanos can cover everything. If you do a water change vacuum out as much cyanos as possible. Depending on which kind of algae those are additional “treatment” might be necessary once the cyanos have gone.

G.Alexander

Comment

G.Alexander I can tomorrow I will send you some photos of these algae that have grown only under the cyano.

What kind of treatment are you referring to?

Comment

Depends to the kind of algae, those can also be herbivore for example, also manual removing them regular with a brush for some time is a possibility.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                              X