Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ulns

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ulns

    I am on a ulns system with undetectable nitrates and 0.02 phosphate. My routine is Monday: Flatworm and sponge power Tuesday: coral booster Wednesday: Nothing Thursday: flatworm and sponge power Friday: coral booster Saturday : Phols Xtra special Sunday: Nothing Apart from zeostart and zeobak. Some corals I see very well, others a little pale. What do you recommend at this point? Introduce more fish? Any new product? Greetings

  • #2
    I don't know if you have checked the potassium level through the test kit, the recommended potassium level value is 380g, please increase the concentration slowly

    Comment


    • #3
      My potassium is 400, measured with salifert

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by juannnn View Post
        I am on a ulns system with undetectable nitrates and 0.02 phosphate. My routine is Monday: Flatworm and sponge power Tuesday: coral booster Wednesday: Nothing Thursday: flatworm and sponge power Friday: coral booster Saturday : Phols Xtra special Sunday: Nothing Apart from zeostart and zeobak. Some corals I see very well, others a little pale. What do you recommend at this point? Introduce more fish? Any new product? Greetings
        Personally I know of one time I let my corals go pale and they died from not a lot of fish in the tank? After that I bought a nano tang and everything was fine.

        Hello Juannn. How many fish do you have now? Have all your corals been in the tank at the same time or are the new additions looking good and older coral looking pale? What are you using to test Nitrate?
        Have you tried coral love?

        Comment


        • #5
          I currently have 7 fish in 300 litres. A naso elegans, a chelmon, 2 clowns, wrasse, kaudermi and salaries The palest corals are not the oldest because I have years old acroporas and they are fine. My aquarium is 100% acropora. Didn't try the coral love. And I measure nitrates with salifert, totally transparent sale. All corals have good polyp expansion but some acropora have been in better color conditions before.

          Comment


          • #6
            Your guess is as good as mine. Have you tried an icp to rule metals out? Are you only feeding twice a day?

            Comment


            • #7
              May I ask what brand of activated carbon you use, can you tell us

              Do you use zeolite material? What is the amount of material versus net water volume and reactor flow

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bugger View Post
                Your guess is as good as mine. Have you tried an icp to rule metals out? Are you only feeding twice a day?
                I don't think it has metals because I see the acroporas healthy, the only thing is some with a lighter color, I only feed once a day always with frozen and quite a lot

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jacky View Post
                  May I ask what brand of activated carbon you use, can you tell us

                  Do you use zeolite material? What is the amount of material versus net water volume and reactor flow
                  I use zeovit carbon. If I use zeovit zeolite, approximately 500 gr in 300 net liters. And about 300 liters / hour go through the zeolite

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Not to criticize your method but most people feed multiple times a day. If you read advice from a major manufacture the science says that corals need well fed fish.
                    Try upping the amount of times you feed per day and monitor nitrate.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Not sure when it is since your last water change, could you please post more pictures of corals and basic water parameters

                      If possible, fill in more information about tank so we will know more

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Difficult to say but if your corals are growing well I would first try to refresh elements in a balanced way with some additional water changes. You can try to do three water changes each 15 – 20% within the next 10 days. Additional please measure the flow through your ZeoVit reactor by collecting the water from the reactor outlet for 30 seconds with a small container. Multiply the volume with 120 and you will get the output per hour. Ideal flow if 400 liters or 100 US gallons per hour for each 1 liter ZeoVit material. Please also make sure you use the correct ZeoVit material quantity.

                        G.Alexander

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bugger View Post
                          Not to criticize your method but most people feed multiple times a day. If you read advice from a major manufacture the science says that corals need well fed fish.
                          Try upping the amount of times you feed per day and monitor nitrate.
                          Yes I think that. To feed my fish twice a day and maybe to have one fish more

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jacky View Post
                            Not sure when it is since your last water change, could you please post more pictures of corals and basic water parameters

                            If possible, fill in more information about tank so we will know more
                            I do water change every week 10% more or less
                            My parameters
                            Kh 7.5
                            MG 1350
                            CA 400
                            NO3 0.2
                            PO4 0.02
                            POTASIUM 400
                            The corals look good but in the photo you can't see that they are a little paler and have lost color at the tips, before it was more intense now it is the same color as the coral
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
                              Difficult to say but if your corals are growing well I would first try to refresh elements in a balanced way with some additional water changes. You can try to do three water changes each 15 – 20% within the next 10 days. Additional please measure the flow through your ZeoVit reactor by collecting the water from the reactor outlet for 30 seconds with a small container. Multiply the volume with 120 and you will get the output per hour. Ideal flow if 400 liters or 100 US gallons per hour for each 1 liter ZeoVit material. Please also make sure you use the correct ZeoVit material quantity.

                              G.Alexander
                              I do water changes weekly, the amount of zeolite is always the same since I started with zeovit, but the reactor is a cascade and I cannot measure exactly the amount of water that passes through, I have to trust what the manufacturer says and it is 300 l / hour

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X