Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeovit + Canister.Is it possible?

Hi there!
    I’ve got a 200 liters tank with a JBL E 902 canister filtration for an year and I want to switch it to Zeovit.
    The problem is I don’t have a sump. But the canister seems to me too powerful for the zeolite rocks so I put them in anther hang on filter with 130 l/ h water flow and 3h. On/ 3 h. Off schedule. I clean it two times a day.
    Can I use the canister to put the active carbon there?
    I switched to Zeovit last week with a half of the quantity. I’m dozing Zeobak ,Zeofood,Sponge Power,Zeostart. For now.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter 200 liters
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter -150 liters
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique - dozing Ca,Kh and Mg.
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) No
    5. Are you using Ozone No
    6. Are you using UV No
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) Innovative marine ghost skimmer mid size ( for 150 liter tanks)
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels PO4 0,1 ( tropic marine test) , No3 -10 Salifert
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels KH-8;Ca-450; Mg- 1380
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) Canister filter with nothing in it.
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) 6x 39 T5 ATI ,8 hours a day
    12. What corals do you keep 11 sips frags,easy corals for beginners
    13. Tissue color (light or dark) dark
    14. How long has the tank been running 1 year
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system I want to try it.
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) 25 kilos live rock
    18. Any present problems no
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)Salifert ,Tropic marine
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
    23. Which salt brand do you use Tropic Marin Pro reef

What kind of hang on are you using?
    Hi Amon. Are the stones in a bag that you shake?
    Brs bulk reef supply claims you can just hang the stones in a bag in the tank.
    What is the flow threw the hang on you are using?

Comment

Hello,Bugger!
      Yep,the stones are in a bag!
      HOB filter is a little SunSun ,the flow is 150 l/h .There are only the zeolites into it , so it’s easy to shake them.

Comment

Regarding this 3 hour on and off, how long have they been implemented? Correct and actual reactor flow This seems important, how do you measure the flow

Yes, activated carbon can be used in the reactor, but not in the same way as used in the passive flight of the mesh bags (quantity/replacement period)

Comment

IMO it would be the best option to install a reactor inside the display system in one of the corners, would this be a option for you ?

G.Alexander

Comment

I'll try to set something DIY HOB!

Comment

Working...
            X