Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching to zeovit

Hello

I need information to switch my tank to zeovit, here are my tank details. Thanks in advance.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - 500 liters

2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - 400 liters

3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique: 3 part

4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.): GFO reactor 24/7 started 1 month ago

5. Are you using Ozone : no

6. Are you using UV : stopped 1 month ago

7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume): Tunze DC 9410 rated for 1200 liters

8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels : PO4: 0,14 , NO3: 15

9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels : Ca 420, Alk 8, Mg 1300

10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) : Bio pellets reactor

11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) : Kessils total 350 watts , white and blue ballanced, lights are new

12. What corals do you keep: sps dominant mixed reef

13. Tissue color (light or dark) : mostly frags on the darker side

14. How long has the tank been running : 10 months

15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system: More control over pellets and gfo

16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.): easy booster phyto

17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.): 30kg dry rock 16 months average

18. Any present problems: cyano

19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) : massive cyano problem from day 1 , tank is an upgrade from a smaller one. Dosing cyano clean for the past month

20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.): Hanna PO4, Salifert for the other elements all new

21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.): not yet

22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) 35ppt, 25 - 26 c, RO DI water, 10% water changes a week

23. Which salt brand do you use : Tropic marine pro

Hello Mario and welcome to ZeoVit.com !

First start with the basics products to decrease nutrients:

1. Place 1 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 400 liters per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.4 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 4 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 4 drops. Dose 0.4 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

With the system it is not recommended to use a PO4 absorber. I would recommend to remove 1/3 of the absorber if you start with zeovit, than reduce the rest over the next 6 – 8 weeks step by step to zero, same procedure with the BioPellets. If this is done keep a eye on the PO4 level which should not increase.

When you start with ZeoVit stop adding the easy booster phyto supplement completelly.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as solid as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
    Ca 400 – 420 mg
    Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
    K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

As you have already issues with cyanos I would recommend to keep the addition of CyanoClean like recommended on the products label. ZeoVit will not help directly against the cyanos but it does create a environment change which the cyanos might not enjoy to much. Basically there is a reason for the cyanos, as you have issues with them since the beginning there might be something in your system causing them since the start. This can be rocks, equipment etc, difficult to say, can you please post a picture of your sump, maybe we can see something. Please also make sure that the RO water you use has a TDS of ZERO.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander

Comment

Hello Alexander, thanks for the quick response.

Here are the pics from the current set up. I made the tank transfer same day because of lack of space and I bring the cyano from my previous set up to the new. I also tried cyano antibiotics which solve the problem temporarily.

I also made a rodi water icp test that didn't show any pollution in it.

Comment

Thank you for the pictures. I would recommend you to replace the green hoses with silicon hoses also as the green ones do leach softeners over the time. Otherwise I can not see anything problematic. From the pictures it looks like just the sand is affected, which kind of sand is it exactly ?

G.Alexander

Comment

AF bio sand. Thanks for the info i will update how the tanks is going after the transition.

Comment

I would try to replace the sand because of the cyanos with a shallow sand bed of dry aragonite in the grain size of 3 – 4 mm. The exchange can be done in two steps within a 3 week period.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
            X