Changelog for official guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changelog for official guide

There are at least 2 version of the official guide, 1.02 (also in italian) and 1.03 (only in english i think).

What changes are made in 1.03 ? Is a changelog available somewhere?

There is no changelog available however the changes are minimal and nothing you really need to care about. All recommendations for the products where not changed but further products might be added.

G.Alexander

Comment

ok. so, i have to follow the dosage wrote in the guide or the one you told me in my thread? there are some differences

Comment

What are the differences exactly ?

G.Alexander

Comment

i'll double check later this day, but if i remember properly, the zeolite flow and some dosages

Comment

Differences are mostly on zeolite dosage: You: 1 liter zeovit per 400 liters water with a 400 liters/h flow . Guide: 1 liter every 600 liters (but 60% of material up to the first change) with 200-400 liters/h flow

The guide also suggest to dose zeofood: 1 drop every 100 liters, daily for the first 2 weeks then 1 drops every 100 liters 2 or 3 times a week.

There is also a difference with zeostart: 2ml from the guide, or 0.4ml from you.

This is the post i'm referring to: https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...616#post601616

as i plan to start zeovit as soon as i get the reactor (i think this week) i would like to know the exact dosing plan, to organize myself. Current Po4 level is around 0.08

Comment

The exact dosing regimen and basic product application are just like the recommendations of G. in the link.

From the posts you have completely asked, I think and suggest you, and please be sure to follow the suggestions completely

Comment

ok. i've asked because the guide is saying to not exceed and from the post the zeovit dose is much higher

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf View Post
                  ok. i've asked because the guide is saying to not exceed and from the post the zeovit dose is much higher
                  The dose in the post was not exceeded. It is more precise and detailed (the dose is much higher, which part does it refer to?)

Guide-There is no problem, it is a professional specification. G.- There is no problem, professional, and more space suggestions for "adjustment flexibility". The application of any product can be adjusted according to the current situation and conditions, but basically it is inseparable from the standards in the Zeo guide

Comment

standard dose for zeovit from the guide is 1 literbevery 600 liters of net water. so, for my tank (400 liters net) the dose should be 660g with a flow between 200 and 400. up to the first zeovit change (4-6 weeks), the dose should be 60% , so 396g

in my thread the zeovit dose suggested was 1 liter from the start, with 400l/h flow.
                    this is higher than the maximum dosage used for stable tanks, that's why i'm confused

Comment

the guide is 1 literbevery 600 liters of net water. (Can you attach the link?)

for my tank (400 liters net) the dose should be 660g
                      (I don’t understand why it is 660g. The link in #6 has clearly stated the correct amount)

Comment

https://cms.korallen-zucht.de/files/...efing_engl.pdf

This link is provided for your reference. It clearly states that 400 liters of water use 1 liter of ZeoVit material

Comment

i have that paper. so, the official PDF is wrong. : http://www.korallen-zucht.de/files/z..._english-1.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf View Post
                            i have that paper. so, the official PDF is wrong. : http://www.korallen-zucht.de/files/z..._english-1.pdf
                            "The amount of ZEOvit® used is 1 liter per 100 gallons of water. It is important not to exceed this recommended amount, because excessive amounts of ZEOvit® could have a negative effect on SPS corals and lead to tissue necrosis and therefore coral death"

The above paragraph comes from the link you provided.
                            ——————————————

B) Dosage of tanks with high nutrient content and tanks that use ZEOvit® for the first time (already stocked):
                            Use 1 liter of ZEOvit® per 150 gallons of clean water, with replacement intervals of 6-8 weeks. Subsequent dosing should follow the tank design for poor nutrition and stable operation using the ZEOvit® system. During the first few weeks, the water flow rate per 1 liter of ZEOvit® media should be 50 – 60 gallons/hour.

(Perhaps you are referring to this passage. I don’t think this will be a big problem. This is a way of "adjusting" the corals with higher nutrition to adapt to all of this, avoiding too rapid reduction in nutrition, The nutrition stabilizes after finishing, and then slowly "adjust")
                            Last edited by jacky; 10-26-2021, 04:04 AM.

Comment

My tank is populated (not much) but already cycled and populated , not brand new, so I think I have to follow the dosage for populated tanks:

"Use 1 liter ZEOvit® per 150 gallons net water volume with exchange interval of 6 – 8 weeks. Subsequent dosing should follow that designed for tanks that are nutrient poor and running stable with ZEOvit® system. Water flow through the media should be 50 – 60 gallons/hour per 1 liter of ZEOvit® during the first few weeks."

Comment

Working...
                              X