Ask for my tank 500L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask for my tank 500L

I will build my new tank.Can you give me some advice?
    1. Gross water volume is 500L,how much zeovit do I need to use? How much reactor flow will be better?
    2. The standard 14-day process has been written very clearly,how to use the base 4(bak,start,zeovit,Activated carbon)after 14 days?Do I need to continue using sp after 14 days?
    3.Welcome to give me more opinions

Thanks

Welcome to ZeoVit.com !

You can find a good step by step guide to cycle a fresh system over here:

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...803#post290803

Please keep in mind that the calculation of the dosing quantities is based on the net water volume of the while system (gross water volume ./. sand / rocks etc), in your case ~ 400 liters.

Usually after the first 2 weeks of the cycle continue dosing as follows:

ZeoBac – 3 x weekly
    ZeoStart – 2 x daily
    SpongePower – every other day

First ZeoVit exchange will be after 4 weeks have passed, replace just 50% for the first time. Further exchanges can be lengthen to 6 weeks, than replace 90% of the material.

Carbon is replaced every 4 weeks.

Please post a update in about 2 – 4 weeks or whenever you think it is necessary.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
      Welcome to ZeoVit.com !

You can find a good step by step guide to cycle a fresh system over here:

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...803#post290803

Please keep in mind that the calculation of the dosing quantities is based on the net water volume of the while system (gross water volume ./. sand / rocks etc), in your case ~ 400 liters.

Usually after the first 2 weeks of the cycle continue dosing as follows:

ZeoBac – 3 x weekly
      ZeoStart – 2 x daily
      SpongePower – every other day

First ZeoVit exchange will be after 4 weeks have passed, replace just 50% for the first time. Further exchanges can be lengthen to 6 weeks, than replace 90% of the material.

Carbon is replaced every 4 weeks.

Please post a update in about 2 – 4 weeks or whenever you think it is necessary.

G.Alexander
      Thank you,500L is net water volume.

I will continue to update the status of my tank

Comment

Restart my tank

On the third day, the algae on the live rock.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image_27246.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	601262
        Click image for larger version  Name:	e7fa20afb23578340f3c90f43130104.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.97 MB ID:	601263 Click image for larger version  Name:	bf19dd8ee74031773d22e5779bd782c.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.53 MB ID:	601264 Click image for larger version  Name:	bda3b57207c0b1ff905b619574ee0f3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.99 MB ID:	601265 Click image for larger version  Name:	94db6c69b64f7578f822507b5f4cfc4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.11 MB ID:	601266

Comment

Thank you for sharing, really like how you have arranged the rocks. The algae should disappear over the time, lets see how the cycle will proceed over the next 2 or 3 weeks.

G.Alexander

Comment

I also like that your landscaping looks good. If you can, if it’s your choice, I personally prefer to use some dry sand to form a shallow sand bed, which is great

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post
              I also like that your landscaping looks good. If you can, if it’s your choice, I personally prefer to use some dry sand to form a shallow sand bed, which is great
              Of course, sand is on the way😀

Comment

Now you can add a shallow sand bed. Use crushed Coral Sand or Aragonite. Do not use Live Sand in combination with the ZEOvit system. Soak the material in reverse osmosis water for 3-4 days before use and replace osmosis water daily. If the PO4 level of the water is close to zero the sand is ideal.

Comment

Now you can add a shallow sand bed. Use crushed Coral Sand or Aragonite. Do not use Live Sand in combination with the ZEOvit system. Soak the material in reverse osmosis water for 3-4 days before use and replace osmosis water daily. If the PO4 level of the water is close to zero the sand is ideal.
                  I bought zeo's sand, there should be no po4 release?

Comment

I use KZ's Aragonite, and the height of the sand bed is about 3-4cm, which is great. Indeed, it does not leached any phosphates, which I like very much. Let us soak for a few days and change the water several times to bring out some fine dust. This is great. (We can't make it completely clean, the water will appear milky white after a little poking, but don't worry, this is normal), in the absence of any animals, sand can be introduced into the system at one time

Comment

I use KZ's Aragonite, and the height of the sand bed is about 3-4cm, which is great. Indeed, it does not leached any phosphates, which I like very much. Let us soak for a few days and change the water several times to bring out some fine dust. This is great. (We can't make it completely clean, the water will appear milky white after a little poking, but don't worry, this is normal), in the absence of any animals, sand can be introduced into the system at one time
                      Hi Jacky,

Sand bed done. I think it's perfect.Click image for larger version  Name:	8CAB71D7-0E66-402D-9346-42961FF12563.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	601307

Comment

Looking good, the new sand will get some kind of a brown film in the next couple of days which will disappear soon, don’t worry.

G.Alexander

Comment

Perfect, maintain Zeo's 14-day cycle plan

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
                            Looking good, the new sand will get some kind of a brown film in the next couple of days which will disappear soon, don’t worry.

G.Alexander
                            The brown film has begun to appear,I think it might be a kind of algae.

I have another problem.I put my coral in a box, and found that the water quality had become very poor a few days ago, and many strange algae appeared.
                            I tested the no3 and po4 of the new tank. The results are both 0 and I decided to put all the corals in the new tank, because if I don’t, they will die.

2 days later I tested No3 and po4, no3=2,po4=0.05.I think it may be that unhealthy corals release pollution after they die and Sea urchins and turbo snails are excreted after eating algae.

I will maintain Zeo's 14-day cycle plan.do not adjust the dose of sp and start temporarily because no strange algae has appeared so far.Let the system consume no3 naturally.

No3 has weak processing ability in zeo system. Is there any effective way to process no3 ?

Comment

Nitrate needs to go through some "methods" before it can be reduced. Since biology is just starting, young, and not very stable, at this stage, this is why corals are not easy to preserve. Let's keep the complete Zeo base reduction nutrient dose plan, if all is well, over time, nitrate is usually not a problem. Since animals already exist in the system, maintaining basic water parameters at NSW levels, including potassium, seems to be a very important thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X