Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Zeovit - Help with dose

Hello!

I have just started with the zeovit system and I would like you to guide me to get everything right.
    This is my system:

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - 280 liters
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - 250 liters
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique No
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) No
    5. Are you using Ozone No
    6. Are you using UV No
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) Deltec Skimmer 600i
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels: PO4 0.05 / NO3 8-10
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels Ca 415 / Alk 7,6 / Mg 1320
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) Some marinepure balls
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) 2x Radion xr30 G5 Pro
    12. What corals do you keep Some acros and euphyllias
    13. Tissue color (light or dark) Dark
    14. How long has the tank been running 10 months
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system To replicate good results that I have seen on the forums
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) 3ml/day of Easy Booster
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) No live rock
    18. Any present problems -
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)-
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Salifert/hanna/red sea
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
    I want you to help me with this because I don't know if I'm doing it right
    625gr of zeovit (changes every 6 weeks)

125g carbon (changes every month)
    zeobak 3 drops two times a week

zeostart 0.5ml every day
    spongepower 3 drops every other day
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) 35ppt at 25,5º
    23. Which salt brand do you use Reefer´s Bio Reef Salt Premium Quality

At this point what I want is to lower the nitrates and phosphates to achieve the desired values ​​for the zeovit system. Am I dosed well? Should I add any other recommended product?

Hello mikirs91. Welcome to ZeoVit.Com

Is your system transferred to the ZeoVit system, or this system has been implemented using the Zeo system for about 10 months?
    Last edited by jacky; 08-04-2021, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Implemented 1 month ago

Comment

thanks. The plan to reduce the dose of nutritional basic products looks good, if you can, Zeo Start 0.25ml x 2 times a day (morning and evening). Quantity of zeolite material: 0.6 liters, through the water outlet of the reactor, use a small container to collect for 30 seconds, volume x120, so that you can get a continuous flow, the maximum flow is 250 liters per hour (please adjust slowly), KZ carbon: 0.25 Liter, use a mesh bag, fly passively, and change monthly.

The first zeolite material is retained in the first 4 weeks, and the nutrition reduction is extended to 6-7 weeks at any time
        Zeo Bac 3 drops, perform the first 2 weeks, otherwise 2-3 times a week. Zeo Bac x 10 days after each change of zeolite material

Due to the use of dry rock and the growth of the Zeo system, let us temporarily discontinue Booster products

The basic water parameters look good, and the potassium level seems to be quite important. Get a potassium test kit

Comment

As you have running ZeoVit on the system for 4 weeks already I would recommend you to continue as follows:

1. Use 0.6 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 250 liters per hour with continuous flow. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks. Always replace ~ 90% of the material and keep ~ 10% of the old material in the reactor.

2. Place 0.25 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 3 drops ZeoBac daily after each ZeoVit exchange for 10 days, flowed by a 2 x weekly dosage of 3 drops. Dose 0.25 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on. As you already have SpongePower you can additional dose 3 drops 2 – 3 x weekly as the product has a positive side effect to the biology.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt. Stop dosing the Easy Booster coral food at the moment until the system runs nutrient poor stabile. You might use it additional later but in a lower quantity.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
          Ca 400 – 420 mg
          Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
          K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thanks to both of you.
            Any recommended brand of K test?
            I started with the easy booster to help increase the microfauna but I will reduce it in the next two weeks to finish removing it.

I will do what you have told me for a couple of months and I will tell you how it evolves

Comment

I use Salifert and Red Sea Potassium Test Kit, I think it’s good

Comment

Working...
              X