Query about NP and ORP Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query about NP and ORP Level

As I know recommend ORP value for ZEO is 400+, My tank run 1 month but the ORP is only 310.
    After 1st water change(10% on 05/22) , ORP decrease to 240. Today increase to 260.
    I want to know how to increase ORP and when can i use further ZEO products such as AA,CV,Snow?

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter 700L
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter 600L
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique No
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) No
    5. Are you using Ozone No
    6. Are you using UV No
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) Seatorch SM250 2000L
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels Po4: 0.009ppm(hanna read 3), No3 0.2
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels 450; 8.3 1500
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) no
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) T5*6 + XR30G5*2
    12. What corals do you keep : most corals are Acroporidea (around 40)
    13. Tissue color (light or dark) light
    14. How long has the tank been running 1 month
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system: try new system, I used to run 2 berlin tanks
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) Current Bak, Start3, SP
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) new live rock, around 20Kg
    18. Any present problems ORP Low
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
    ORP only 310, when I first change water(10%), decrease to 240 and only grown up 10/day
    1-2 days there are a layer of brown algae on the glass.
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Hanna and Safifert
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
    Zeovit: When open I used 1.5L , now decrease to 1.2L. Zeo Bak 5drops/day, Zeo start 5ml in 8am and 4pm, Zeo SP 5 drops/day
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) 26degree and 1.024
    23. Which salt brand do you use: When I setup the tank I use Red sea, Now I change to TM(05/22 first change water)

I regret that I have not used the equipment related to ORP, so I never know what my ORP should be, and I can't say anything. The Zeo products you listed, basically, coloring/health/treatment, usually, low nutritional level/polyp expansion/algae problems are added well. The basic water parameters are high, let us use different instruments to cross-check the salinity, and the Zeo system-KH is less than 8 (6.5 ~ 7.5). The net water volume is 600 liters, the Zeo base product dosage does not seem to be correct (I would recommend keeping the regular dosage),(If the nutritional level is indeed good and correct, I also recommend the regular dosage. After all, the water tank runs for 1 month. It is a biological basis, and we should adjust it after the passage of time and more stable biology),(Quantity of zeolite material: 1.5 liters, which is correct. Not sure why it is reduced)
    Last edited by jacky; 05-24-2021, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Thanks for you advice.
      5ml Start is a typing mistake, it should bu 0.5ml
      And for water parameters, the reason is my mistakes on calculate of dosing quantity of CA and Mg.
      And for KH, it's RED SEA salt's problem, I have already change to TM and will decrease to 7.5 soon.
      I am going to add CB, Flatwarm Stop, CV, AA and Snow step by step. Is the nutritional level allow to add them?
      For the Zeolite quantity, I read another tropic about a 600L tank in this forum said 1.2L Zeolite, should I add more?

Comment

Currently I switch the ZEO reactor 3 hours on and off, should I turn it on instantly?

Comment

Using the 3 hour on / off interval for the reactor is recommended for systems which are already stocked with corals transferring to ZeoVit. The recommendation is to use the interval for about 2 weeks after the first ZeoVit exchange. If all corals are doing well after this time the reactor can be switched to continuous flow, in your case ~ 600 liters per hour.

You can do this in two steps, first shorten the interval to 1.5 hours for 2 weeks and than if everything is doing fine run the reactor with continuous flow.

G.Alexander

Comment

Zeo CV 6 drops and AA 3 drops CoralSnow 3ml, 2 times a week. According to coral appearance/polyp expansion, if there is no algae problem, CB 3ml+Stop flatwarm 3ml, 2 times a week.

Two weeks after the first change of material, the above dose x 2 times the dose, twice a week. ZeoCV can be adjusted 2 to 3 times a week.

Every time the zeolite material is changed, Zeo Bac x 10 days, otherwise twice a week

Ensure that the basic water salinity is correct and as far as possible to maintain the NSW level

Kh 6.5~7.5
            Ca 400~420
            Mg 1250~1350
            K+~380g

Obtain a potassium test kit and slowly increase it to 380g, so that all colored nutritional supplement products will give the coral a better appearance.

Comment

Hi, Alexander and Jacky
              1, I have adjust Zeo actor flow to 600L/H and change the on/off term from 3/3 to 4.5/1.5
              And I want to know how to judge algae problem, my tank create thin brown algae per 2 days, even I remain the algae in back glass, they never change to green color.
              Is it belongs to algae problem? The coral grown well and polyp expansion is also well.
              2, As you said " the above dose x 2 times the dose", does it means CV 12 drops and AA 6 drops, CoralSnow 6ml after 2weeks if everything goes smoothly?
              3, I test potassium today, it just 350. 10 days ago this value is 400. I have put 5 slices potassium slow release tablets when the tank setup. It seems not enough. Should I
              Increase the quantity or change to KB?
              Thanks

Comment

From your description (nutrition level) is very good, so the time interval of the zeolite reactor is shortened. This can avoid the possibility of nutrient rise, accelerate the entry of more good biology, and accelerate the adaptation process. Therefore, in the dosage of coloring nutritional supplements, I use 1/2 of the dosage as the basis, so that the coral can slowly adapt to the acceptance. When the continuous flow is switched to, the regular dosage will be resumed.

(CV 12 drops and AA 6 drops, CoralSnow 6 ml. Yes, no problem. If you are worried about algae, Zeo AA can be added in 1/2 dose, 1-2 times a week),(I would recommend you to get Xtra/B-Balance products, really recommend)

Regarding the brown algae, how does it look, can you show it with pictures?

I don’t know what a potassium tablet product is. I think: 1. I just hope that it doesn’t contain any other elements. 2. Increase the potassium level, so be sure to proceed slowly.

Yes, Zeo K-Balance, enhances potassium level function. Regarding the amount of water in your system, Zeo K-Balance Strong should be more suitable.

Can you post some extra good pictures about tanks and corals and algae

In addition, what method do you currently use to reduce nutrition, can you elaborate

Last edited by jacky; 05-26-2021, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Plz refer to pictures of corals and algae. I‘m not sure my nutrition level is controlled by zeolites or this brown algae mainly.(normally, I scrape it off only on front and left glass. The algae on back and right are remain)
                  For potassium tablet, it's ZEO product, plz also refer to attached picture, the seller recommend use 5 slices,

Comment

Thank you, after I read the pictures, I think, 1. I suggest you try to use shallow sand beds, which is good for coral health coloring/Zeo system (bacterial implantation, bring better improvement 2. The water column seems to have many tiny substances , It’s not so clear (what causes it? Filter material, or insufficient filter system) 3. White cotton wool algae on the glass, I don’t think I need to worry (Isn’t it clear that there are pictures with natural light?)

Can you post photos about sump, filters, etc.

Basically, I don't think the problem is an urgent and serious problem. Can you enumerate the actual dosage plan of Zeo basic products? In addition, what is the actual net water volume? The white cotton wool on the glass is cleaned with a magnet brush, and the wave generator is also cleaned.
                    Last edited by jacky; 05-26-2021, 11:22 PM.

Comment

It seems no problem of my sump, there is 3 filter bag and I clean it every 2-3 days.
                      The substance maybe organic matter or live rock debris?
                      I have a plan to use ZYM or Bio-mate, I always feel my tank organic substance level is high.
                      And for sand bed, I'm hesitate to use it or not because of the wave generator. I like big wave but that will cause the sand flow everywhere.
                      For dosing schedule:
                      8:00-8:30 AM Bak 5drops, SP 5 drops Start 0.5ml(dosing in front of ZEO reactor pump)
                      4:30-5:00 PM start 0.5ml
                      a weeks ago I start to use Snow+AA+CV. Currently 2 times total. 3-4ml Snow+5 drop AA+ 3drop CV each time.

I tank a picture of algae in natural light, I don't know exactly the name of it. The color is between yellow/green/brown

Comment

Thank you, Zeo dosing program looks good, if you have Zym, follow the advice as stated, x1 times a week. At the same time, use a toothbrush to clean the rocks, do as much as possible, Zeo CoralSnow 5ml x 7 days. Clean the skimmer collection cup to make it more outlet. If you have BioMate, 10 drops every other day (optional). Add some functional animals, such as snails, which is also good.

Confirm the reactor flow rate, and also confirm the net water volume, which is really important.

In addition, it is also recommended to use KZ activated carbon to fly passively and replace it every 30 days. Quantity: 0.5 liters

Comment

The tank is still very young and the biology does need additional time to get strengthen. The film you experience is nothing you have to worry about and some kind of normal at this stage. You might have a impact to it with dosing so please post your full dosing regimen of all products you use. Please also check if your RO water has a TDS reading of ZERO.

G.Alexander

Comment

Sorry, I forgot it, Net water is 650-660L main tank_sump.
                            I already KZ activated carbon 0.5L in sump which placed in the well flow area.
                            I have 60 snails and 4 tang fishes to eat algae. My live rock is corresponding clean.
                            The snails seems like to work on live rock than the glass.

water flow of zeo reactor is 600L/ Hour

Comment

Dear Alexander
                              That's all my dosing schedule:
                              8:00-8:30 AM Bak 5 drops, SP 5 drops Start 0.5 ml(dosing in front of ZEO reactor pump)
                              4:30-5:00 PM start 0.5 ml
                              a weeks ago I start to use Snow+AA+CV. Currently 2 times total. 3-4 ml Snow+5 drop AA+ 3 drops CV each time.

2 weeks ago, I use 6 drops bak and sp and 1.2 ml bak once a day. recently when i decrease the Zeolites from 1.5 L to 1.2 L, I also change dose to 5 drops each and 0.5 ml *2 times a day.
                              The water flow 1-25 days 600 L, 25-31 days 400 L/h, after your recommendation, i change back to 600 L/H again

RO water is 0 TDS, I double check it every day

Comment

Working...
                              X