Dosing zeovit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dosing zeovit

Hi guys looking forward advice on the zeovit system. I recently just started using zeovit on my already establish 350litre tank. Using the zeovit starter method I worked out to use 500ml of zeolite, 2 drops daily zeobak, 2 drops daily of zeo food, and 0.5ml of zeostart. However after reading a few threads here on the forum I don’t think I have the correct dosing for my tank I think I’m dosing too little. Can anyone advise as I’m a week into dosing and having no effect on my no3 or po4

For most Zeo products, every 1 drop or 1ml corresponds to 25 US gallons (Net water volume). Zeolite material: 0.25 liter corresponds to 25 US gallons, and 1 pack of material corresponds to 400 liters, which is 100 US gallons (Net water volume).

The 350 liters you describe is the net water volume that has been deducted from pipe materials, equipment, etc.?

I am not sure about your current tank cycle stage. Is it executing the initial 14-day plan cycle?

I would recommend you to get Zeo SpongePower, Zeo Food is reserved for later use.

Comment

So 350 litres is the gross litre of the tank/sump and it has been up and running for about 18 months, it is lightly stocked with soft lips corals.
      so you suggest using zeo sponge power rather than zeo food?

Comment

Hi ya.

basic yes. The new system is now using zeo sponge. Like Jacky mentioned.

My understanding is once your tank is clean of algae and at a ULNS the food can be slowly add to a dosing schedule.

- Are you switching over to Zeovit system
        ​​​​​​- How long have you been running ZEOvit

It would be very beneficial to copy and paste the sticky with all you tank information filled in.

Comment

Ok thank you. I will post all my tank details. Yes just switched over a week ago to using zeovit my tank has been up and running for around 18 months. I want to get ulns before adding any sps. But I was concerned that I wasn’t adding the correct amount of zeobak/zeostart etc

Comment

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter (350)
            2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter (280)
            3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique (NO)
            4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) (NO)
            5. Are you using Ozone (NO)

6. Are you using UV (NO)
            7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) NYos 120
            8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels No3 30ppm po4 0.25
            9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels mg 1160 cal 480 alk 9
            10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
            11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
            12. What corals do you keep soft and lps
            13. Tissue color (light or dark) dark
            14. How long has the tank been running 18 months
            15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system to achieve ulns and to keep sps
            16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) no
            17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
            18. Any present problems
            19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
            20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) jbs marine and hanna
            21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, 2 drops zeobak 2 drops zeo food 0.5 ml zeostart. 500 ml zeolite. ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
            22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
            23. Which salt brand do you use NSW

Comment

Hello Becky and welcome to ZeoVit.com !

I would recommend you to continue as follows:

1. Use0.7 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 280 liters per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.25 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 3 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 3 drops. Dose 0.28 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on. ZeoFood can be used later once the system is running nutrient poor solid to improve coral coloration. If you like to dose it already 2 drops once or twice weekly would be fine if you do not have any issues with algae.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

Basic water are not 100% ideal, adjust them slowly and try to keep them as solid as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
              Ca 400 – 420 mg
              Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
              K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thank you very much for your response G Alexander. Would you recommend using sponge power right now and if so how much ?

Comment

Yes, it is recommended in the ZeoVit guide (new version) to use Zeo Sponge Power, which is a basic product. It is recommended to change Zeo Food to SpongPower. Dosage: 3 drops every other day. Zeo Food can be added later when the nutritional level is low. ZeoFood can be used later to improve the coloration of corals. If you want to add medicine to it, if you don't have any problems with the algae, you can do it twice a week or a drop twice a week.

Comment

Where is the new version of the zeovit guide ? I must have the old one

Comment

https://cms.korallen-zucht.de/files/...efing_engl.pdf

Link #7
                      https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...nformation-faq

Comment

SpongePower has a positive side effect to the biology so if you already have it or like to use it you can dose drops every other day like Jacky has recommended additional.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thanks for all your help and advise guys. I will obtain some sponge power and read through the new version of the zeovit guide 😊

Comment

Working...
                          X