Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback

I have been using zeovit for a year and am very happy. But my nitrates don't go below 5ppm and my phosphate is 0.01.
    My routines in my 300 liters are
    Zeolite change every two months
    3 drops of zeobak
    2 times a week I was using biomate, currently I have stopped using it
    Coral snow twice a week
    Flatworm 2 times a week
    Sponge power 3 times a week
    Zeovit Carbon changed every month
    10% weekly water change
    Acropower twice a week
    My corals are fine but should nitrates drop more? Could I improve the health and color of my corals with another product?

A NO3 level of 5 mg will not have a really visible impact to your corals however after one year the level could be lower. There are many reasons for a elevated level for example low reactor flow, heavy fish load, deep sand bed, mechanical filtration, small skimmer etc. Can you give us some more details also a description of your corals what exactly you like to improve ? Are your corals basically growing well showing healthy polyp expansion ?

G.Alexander

Comment

The reactor flow is 300 l / h. It is a skimz, it cannot be regulated because it is cascaded. I removed the sand because I have always had nitrate problems, I have an oversized vertex skimmer and few fish. Filter material I only have 1 liter matrix in the sump. I am happy with the color and health of the corals, perhaps the growth is not very fast. But he recommends sticking with the additives I use until my nitrates go down or I would add some to improve the color or health of the corals

Comment

Reactor flow is important so if you have any chance to measure it I would suggest to do to be sure it is really 300 liters per hour. You can additional try to reduce ZeoStart to 2(3 temporary while keeping a close eye on the PO4 level which should not increase, additional dose 6 drops BioMate every other day while trying to lower the ZeoStart dosage.

My experience with the Matrix filtration material is limited but there are some information on the web that it can produce NO3 in some systems. Maybe it is worth to give it a try removing it. Instead of the Matrix material you can use some old zeovit media if you like to. If you decide to remove the material do this just slowly step by step.

To improve growth make sure to have a adequate K+ level, Xtra might also be a good addition to your dosing regimen. Some additional water changes might also improve growth, you can try to do three water changes each 15% within 10 days to refresh elements in a balanced way.

G.Alexander

Comment

I don't understand the part to reduce zeostart to 2.2ml? At the moment I use 10 ml! (5 morning 5 night) diluted with rodi. Using old media refers to zeolite? Change the matrix for the zeolite used? In the same amount ?? Potassium I usually have 380 or 390.
          Pols Xtra konzentrat o special?
          Last edited by juannnn; 04-11-2021, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Sorry this was a typo should mean 2/3 so if you dose 2 x 0.3 ml daily undiluted at the moment you can try to reduce the dosage to 2 x 0.2 ml temporary.

I would retry to remove the matrix material slowly step by step while keeping some old ZeoVit material passively flown in the sump instead, 0.8 – 1 liter would be ideal. The material would act as a biological filtration material.

XTra Standard would be my recommendation.

G.Alexander

Comment

Pols Xtra special and concentrated are the only ones I can find now in the store. And what is the reason to lower the dose of zeostart? I will remove all the matrix and replace it with zeolite progressively. I also have live rock in the sump, should I leave it?
              Flatworm and pols Xtra recommend with lights on or off?
              Last edited by juannnn; 04-12-2021, 06:55 PM.

Comment

The temporary reduction of ZeoStart can help to decrease the NO3 level while the PO4 level is stabile low so it might be worth a try.

You can leave the live rock in your sump.

You can dose XTra and FlatwormStop anytime.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                X