• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sure, continue dosing as follows:

ZeoBac 2 drops 2-3 x weekly
    Sponge Power 2 drop daily
    ZeoStart 0.2 ml 2 x daily

If the first 4 weeks have passed replace 50% of the ZeoVit material and dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days after the exchange. The material exchanges in the future can be lengthen to 6 weeks, just the first exchange is after 4 weeks.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thank you Alex and Jacky.

I already removed the clip for safe.

The display tank is a little bit cloudy to day. Should i worry about this?

Another question: I hear people talk about overdose carbon source (Zeostart3). Are there any visonable signal of this overdose case?

Comment

ZeoStart helps the reproduction of nitrifying bacteria. These bacteria basically "eat" phosphate and nitrate. At this stage, you only need to maintain the recommended dose x2 times a day, and the biology is still young. Excessive sign, there are many small brown film bubbles on the rock during lighting

Comment

Originally posted by anhminh1007 View Post
          TThe display tank is a little bit cloudy to day. Should i worry about this?
          Some kind of cloudiness is common while the cycle but it will disappear over the time.

G.Alexander

Comment

I am at day 18. I try a test and the Potassium level is at 335ppm. Should i worry about this? Do i need to do any adjustment?

Comment

Since there are currently no animals in the tank, there is no problem with low potassium levels for the time being, and it does not affect this cycle process. But, of course, you can now increase the potassium to 380g level, which is very good, as far as possible to keep the basic water parameters in NSW

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post
                Since there are currently no animals in the tank, there is no problem with low potassium levels for the time being, and it does not affect this cycle process. But, of course, you can now increase the potassium to 380g level, which is very good, as far as possible to keep the basic water parameters in NSW
                Sure, thanks. In my country, it is hard to find KZ Potassium, they only sell K-Balance. Can i use K-Balance?

Comment

Of course, Zeo K-Balance products are used to increase potassium levels. Please also keep this in mind, when there are animals in the tank, the increase in potassium level must be done slowly.

Comment

Hi guys. Today is day 26. I have a problem. I buy a 35ppt Calibration standard today. After calibrating, i notice that my salinity is only 30ppt. I need to reach 35ppt because it will be SPS dominant tank.
                    Are there any problem with the bacteria if i add salt into the tank?
                    Can I add 2 small frags Montipora in day 30?

Comment

If there are no animals in the tank, you can use the original old sea water to adjust the salinity, but please make sure that the sea salt is fully dissolved. I would suggest you to wait for the full cycle to check the salinity again. If possible, exchange the new water from the sump to the main display system.

Yes, you can add a few pieces of Montipora coral. Don't forget to keep the basic water parameters at the NSW level and stable (including potassium) as much as possible. Check again that the continuous flow rate of the reactor is at the correct level. KZ carbon should also be used. Also, don’t forget the first zeolite material replacement cycle

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post
                        If there are no animals in the tank, you can use the original old sea water to adjust the salinity, but please make sure that the sea salt is fully dissolved. I would suggest you to wait for the full cycle to check the salinity again. If possible, exchange the new water from the sump to the main display system.

Yes, you can add a few pieces of Montipora coral. Don't forget to keep the basic water parameters at the NSW level and stable (including potassium) as much as possible. Check again that the continuous flow rate of the reactor is at the correct level. KZ carbon should also be used. Also, don’t forget the first zeolite material replacement cycle
                        Thank you Jacky, i will increase the salinity.

Regarding the flow rate of reactor, it is around 600L/hour, i hope it is ok.

Regarding KZ carbon, I put 100mL in the top of the Zevit reactor, since day 8.

Regarding Zeostone:
                        I also remember the instruction above from Alexander, about changing 50% of Zeostone in day 30.
                        May you please explain to me why we have to change the zeostone?
                        Is it ineffective after 30 days?
                        And why we only change 50% of Zeostone?
                        If it is ineffective, the whole 100% of Zeostone should be ineffective, right?

Comment

Zeolite materials, which are consumables, can be regarded as porous artificial rocks that absorb certain things, especially reef toxins (I would say nitrates and phosphates, but no one knows whether these substances actually remove them or help bond Remove them so that your skimmer can easily remove them). Zeovit uses a mixture of different zeolites, which have been found to best reduce toxins in the brine system. There has been a lot of controversy about how they work. From the theory of bacterial colonization to the locking or removal of ammonia, to the process of converting nutrients into different ions. Sorry i don't know how it works

With the passage of system time, in the malnourished Zeo system, it is recommended to extend the material replacement cycle to 6 weeks. As time goes on again, the zeolite is replaced approximately every six to eight weeks (I have never achieved good results for zeolites over the past eight weeks). Therefore, relatively, if the replacement cycle takes too long, the appearance of the coral will gradually fade

In a newly established initial system, keep the materials for the first 4 weeks, (this is for more comprehensive, more active Zeo system takeover, more adequate bacterial growth), replace 90% (biologically young, the tank initially has no animals/ Safe action, exhaustion of material fatigue, continuation/preparation/reduction of too much changes, for the next nutrition control and stability)

Therefore, the relative 50% is the recommended replacement period. The same as the meaning above. Zeo bacteria have grown, reducing the avoidance of major changes in biology, reducing the pressure and environmental adaptation of animal corals, reducing too quickly to reduce nutrition, the ability to control the nutritional balance, and the fatigue and connection of consumables.

I can't say that I am right, these are my thoughts.

Please also remember that if 100% is replaced, even if there are no coral animals in the tank, it is quite dangerous, such as: severe biological shocks and drastic changes, and nutritional increases.

Comment

The material needs to be replaced because the fine channels in the material are blocked over the time with bacteria etc. hosted on the surface which will reduce the possibility to process nutrients. The first exchange is different from further exchanges. The idea behind just replacing 50% at the first time is to not remove to much of the biology (bacteria) as the system does still need time to work effective. Other exchanges can be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks depending to the nutrient concentration also replacing 90% of the material should be done. Keeping ~ 10% of the old material in the reactor does speed up the process to colonize bacteria on the surface of the fresh material.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                            X