No announcement yet.

New user of Zeovit - My tank 300 litres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My parameter seems still remain the same. I think it is good as my coral look happy. NO3 at 2.5ppm. PO4 at 0.025ppm. Should i chase the number to 0?
    I just add Biomate to the regimen today. It is hard to buy it. Not sure if i need to use it.

Comment

• BioMate it has a good positive effect on the biological side. @2 drops/25 US gallons every other day. Phosphate level I would recommend you to 0 level. 0.02 level - I observed that the coral tissue is still not as bright and not as light compared to the 0 level. Nutrient/coloring products are best added in nutrient-poor conditions and perform best relative to coral appearance.

Comment

• BioMate might slowly decrease PO4 furthermore, would recommend to start doing it like Jacky said and observer the level in the next 4 weeks.

G.Alexander

Comment

• Thanks. I add Biomate to the regimen. I just bought a bottle of Zeozym from a guy (he quit game). Should I use that?

Comment

• ZeoZym is a powder, just wanted to be sure you are getting the right product. You can use it additional if you like to 1 - 2 x weekly like recommended on the bottles label. Soak it in some tank water for a couple of hours before dosing it and shut down the skimmer for about 2 hours while dosing.

G.Alexander

Comment

• Biomate 3 drops every 2 days did help. NO3 now around 2.5 ppm, PO4 0ppm.
              Should I reduce the dosage of biomate?

Comment

• I will keep 2 drops/25 US gallons every other day for 4 weeks. Otherwise 2 times a week until the biological side improves well.
                Nutrition should not go up

Comment

• My tank is now at 1 year and 5 months. I stock mainly SPS, some Acans and Tree.
                  I currently use Basic 5 of KZ, Biomate, Cyanoclean, Jod Concentrate, Coral Snow, AAC, Coral Vitalizer, Xtra.
                  I have Eisen concentrate, should I use it at this moment?

Thank you.

Comment

• It depends to a couple of factors, if your system is running nutrient poor solid and the coral tissue is light while you have a leak of coloration in green and blue corals and if you neither have algae or cyano issues it might make sense to dose it additional. Would recommend you to start with 1 drop / 25 US gallons – 100 liters 2 x weekly for the next 4 weeks to see if that does improve coloration if your system is in the sage I have described before.

G.Alexander

Comment

• Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
                      It depends to a couple of factors, if your system is running nutrient poor solid and the coral tissue is light while you have a leak of coloration in green and blue corals and if you neither have algae or cyano issues it might make sense to dose it additional. Would recommend you to start with 1 drop / 25 US gallons – 100 liters 2 x weekly for the next 4 weeks to see if that does improve coloration if your system is in the sage I have described before.

G.Alexander
                      Thank you. I think I understand your point.

Regarding Xtra, are there any sign on the coral that I should notice to use or not to use Xtra?

Comment

• Not sure about the actual status of the corals but I like to add that if Iron is overdosed you will notice that yellow corals slowly get a green shine which is the right point to adjust / reduce the dosage.

Xtra does improve coloration and growth basically in a nutrient poor system. For most tanks 1 ml / 25 US gallons / 100 liters 2 x weekly works well, if overdosed corals tissue usually gets slowly darker.

G.Alexander

Comment

• My personal experience with Xtra is that if I do a high dose/frequency, the coral tissue looks slightly darker in appearance, not that rich and light. Its "darkness" looks like the accumulation of elements, but it has a soft feeling. Other possible signs - green signs vary on the rocks. (If the nutrient levels are good, the tissue is light, and the polyps are expanded, it is a great rich "element" that also supports the health and "nourishing" of the coral, and rich color.) Visually, I can see the coral tissue Appearance also shows a "golden" light. This is my actual experience with the product.

Comment

• Thank you for sharing experiences, Alexander and Jacky. It is hard to notice those signals, but i will try my best.
                            I attach a picture of my tank.

Comment

• If the coral tissue could be lighter, I think the color would show more. Try doing several major water changes (15%, 3 times in 10 days) to refresh/refill in a balanced way. [email protected]/25 US gallons 2 times a week can also be added to the dosing schedule, B-Balance is also a good product if you prefer. Keep basal water parameters including potassium inline, as stable as possible at NSW levels. From the color of the coralline algae, phosphate is recommended to be reduced to 0.

This is a slow incremental process, 2-3 weeks. As a result, the coral will definitely be lighter and brighter in color, and the polyp growth and health will lead to more graceful development.

Comment

• Is the PO4 level still 0.025 mg as mention in a earlier post ?

Please also tell us which kind of lighting bulbs you use exactly and how old are they, light looks very blue to me in the picture.

What Jacky already said is something I would try additional, because of B-Balance I would try 1.5 ml / 25 US gallons 2 x weekly for the first 3 weeks.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                                X