New user of Zeovit - My tank 300 litres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user of Zeovit - My tank 300 litres

It is me again. I create new topic to update my tank to you, as well as ask for some questions if possible.
    I would like to ask: Besides Zeostart3, could i dilute Sponge power with RODI water, then use auto dosing pump to dose it to the tank? I saw a guy from reef2reef forums dose Sponge power by dosing pump.

My basic information is:

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - 300 liters
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - 210 liters
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique - No
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) - No
    5. Are you using Ozone - No
    6. Are you using UV - No
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) - Deltec 1000i
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels - Not yet cycling
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels - Not yet cycling
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) - Since i decided to choose Zeovit system, i do not use any of other filtration. Only Shallow Sand Bed is applied.
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) - ATI Sunpower T5HO 6x54W, dimmer, new light - new bulbs
    12. What corals do you keep - I plan for 95% SPS
    13. Tissue color (light or dark) - Not yet cycling
    14. How long has the tank been running - Not yet cycling
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system - It seems the simplest equipments. I also expect this method will help me avoid the algae and dinos.
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) - I plan to use Tropic Marin All For Reef, this is the easiest process to control kH, Ca, Mg and other trace elements (the kH Director will be added later when i have money). I also plan to use the KZ supplement as per suggestion from G. Alexander (in his pinned topic).
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) - No live rock. The live rock in Vietnam is dirty. I put Seachem Matrix instead.
    18. Any present problems - Not yet cycling
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) - Not yet cycling
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) - Tropic Marin for Ca, Mg, kH, NO3 - Salifert for PO4
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) - Not yet cycling. I set 750 mL of Zeovit in my KZ reactor, the flow is calculated at 750 mL/ 9 seconds. Hope i set it up the right way. Please correct me if i am wrong.
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) - Not yet cycling. The temperature will be controlled at 26-27 oC.
    23. Which salt brand do you use - I will use Red Sea Salt

The product can be diluted if you like to dose it with a automatic dosing system.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
      The product can be diluted if you like to dose it with a automatic dosing system.

G.Alexander
      Yesss sir. Thank you so much for this confirmation. It is helpful.

Comment

Finally, after 1 month, the light arrive at my tank. (I am the most unlucky reefer when buying 2 failed light, even they are all brand new).
        Today i will start the cycle, follow 14-days-instruction from Alexander.
        Hope you guy keep supporting me.

Comment

Good luck for the cycle, let us know if you need any help or if you have any questions.

G.Alexander

Comment

First day dosing, 15mL Zeobak, 30mL Zeostart3, 9mL SP. Money has gone haha.

Comment

You have added a little bit to much

All dosing calculation is done on the net water volume of the system in your case 210 liters. Here you can find a description to the 14 day cycle method:

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...803#post290803

The initial dosage should be:

ZEObak: 5 ml per 100 liters/25 US gallons
              ZEOstart: 10 ml per 100 liters/25 US gallons
              Sponge Power: 3 ml per 100 liters/25 US gallons

Anyways I do not expect any issues from it, just lets continue based on the net water volume. Please also keep in mind that the ZeoVit quantity and the carbon quantity is also based on the net water volume.

G.Alexander

Comment

You have added a little bit to much

All dosing calculation is done on the net water volume of the system in your case 210 liters. Here you can find a description to the 14 day cycle method:

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...803#post290803

The initial dosage should be:

ZEObak: 5 ml per 100 liters/25 US gallons
                ZEOstart: 10 ml per 100 liters/25 US gallons
                Sponge Power: 3 ml per 100 liters/25 US gallons

Anyways I do not expect any issues from it, just lets continue based on the net water volume. Please also keep in mind that the ZeoVit quantity and the carbon quantity is also based on the net water volume.

G.Alexander
                Oh my god, my moneyyy. Thank you for reminding me.

I have a question. Which position should i dose my Zeobak, Zeostart and SP? Can i just dose directly to the main tank?

Comment

It not a cheap hobby

It is important to do all dosing after the skimmer, in the case of ZeoBac and ZeoStart you can dose both in the same sump camber which does hold your reactor pump or in front of the pump. SpongePower directly in the display system in front of a pump.

G.Alexander

Comment

Day 7, i dose zeobak 2 drops, sp 2 drop, zeostart3 0,2mL twice daily.
                    It seems good. Today i have some kind of brown algae (attached picture). I deep all of tank in fresh water 2 weeks while waiting for the light on the way shipping to me, so i think i remove most silicate in dry rock and sand, so the brown algae is just a little. Ammonia level is 0.
                    As per the instruction, now i can add 2 frags montipora, right?

Comment

The brown film is normal at this stage and should disappear over the time. A cycle of 7 days is really short as you have just used dry material for the rockwork. A coral might be survive but there is a big chance that you loose it at this stage. Giving the system some more time is what I would recommend, a month or two might be adequate.

G.Alexander

Comment

The brown film is normal at this stage and should disappear over the time. A cycle of 7 days is really short as you have just used dry material for the rockwork. A coral might be survive but there is a big chance that you loose it at this stage. Giving the system some more time is what I would recommend, a month or two might be adequate.

G.Alexander
                        Thank you. I will wait for 1 months. Since i do not add live stock, should i still add KZ activated carbon from day 8?
                        I also update my NO3 is 0.5, PO4 is around 0.03.

Comment

For sure I would recommend to add the carbon in a mash bag in the sump around day 8, replace it every 30 days.

NO3 and PO4 are perfect for such a fresh system.

G.Alexander

Comment

G.Alexander
                            I am at day 14. Should i continue to the next phase of dosing schedule:
                            ZeoBac 2 drops 2-3 x weekly
                            Sponge Power 2 drop daily
                            ZeoStart 0.2 ml 2 x daily

I already put 100mL Zeo carbon in the Zeovit reactor from day 8.
                            No any live stock.

Comment

Great, everything will go well. Pay attention to the plastic clip, it seems to have metal components in it

Comment

Working...
                              X