Starter kit bottle shelf life question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter kit bottle shelf life question

I'm considering Zeovit for my next setup. It'll have approximately 50 us gallons net water. If my calculations are correct, the bottles from a Zeovit starter kit should last around 1 year. I think I read somewhere that they should be used within 3 months from purchase. With the size of my intended system should I stay away from Zeovit, or will the liquids keep long enough for my to use them?

Basically, there is really no need to worry about this problem, even if the instructions are limited for a limited time, as long as it is well preserved, it is usually good. In addition, it (zeo product) is usually not used for as long as a year. If you are really worried, some Zeo products are available in small bottles.

Comment

Welcome to ZeoVit.com !

Just wanted to add, most products have a shelf live of 2 years, each product has a date sticker on it but as Jacky said it is the minimum shelf live and they usually can be used much longer without a problem.

If you like to get a startup recommendation please let us know some more details about your system:

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...bout-your-tank

G.Alexander

Comment

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
        ​​​et.
        70 US gallons
        2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter.
        50 US gallons
        3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
        No
        4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
        No
        5. Are you using Ozone
        No
        6. Are you using UV
        No
        7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
        Bubble Magus Curve 5, up to 140 gallons
        8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
        No water in tank yet
        9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
        No water in tank yet
        10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
        None of these planned.
        11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
        AI PrimE HD
        12. What corals do you keep
        i haven't really decided yet.
        13. Tissue color (light or dark)
        None yet
        14. How long has the tank been running
        Still dry.
        15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
        Water quality coral color
        16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
        None planned
        17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
        40 pounds dry rock
        18. Any present problems
        None
        19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
        N/A
        20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
        I have various old test kits from when I has an aquarium before.
        ​​​​21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
        haven't started yet
        22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
        No water yet.
        23. Which salt brand do you use
        I plan to use Tropic Marin Pro Reef

Comment

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...nformation-faq
          Link #7, the complete Zeo 14-day cycle

Quantity of zeolite material: 0.5 liters
          The maximum flow through the filter per hour must not exceed 200 liters

Zeo brand activated carbon quantity: 0.2 liters
          Use a net bag, put it in a sump. Passive flight, change every 30 days

It is recommended to use fresh and high-quality live rock to increase the diversity of stable biology, which is really good

In order to use Zeovit effectively, you need to make the system run as close to the natural sea water level as possible. This means that the alkalinity is 6.5-7.5 dKh, calcium is 410-430 mg, magnesium is 1250-1300 mg, and salinity is 33-35 ppt

Comment

Since my system is so small I planned a passive flow setup for the zeolite material. No reactor. Since i wont be able to do the 3 hours on/ 3 hours off thing is there something esle i should do?

Comment

Yes, put 0.5 liters of Zeovit into the net bag. Make sure that the zeolite is not exposed to the air. Clean the material every day. Keep the zeolite material for 4 weeks until you change it for the first time. This is the first change interval, other intervals may be extended to 6-8 weeks.

There is a difference between using a zeolite reactor and not using a zeolite reactor, for example: stable and constant reduction of nutrients. The flow rate through the zeolite material is too high: there may be a risk of coral TN. Too low: The material does not get a full effect.(E.g. coral polyps for better performance expansion)

Regarding your tank, the maximum flow rate of the zeolite reactor must not exceed 200 liters/hour.
              Last edited by jacky; 03-24-2021, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X