Clear All

• Need help with nitrate levels

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - 320 liter
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - 290 liter
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique - No
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) - No
    5. Are you using Ozone - No
    6. Are you using UV - No
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) Korallen-zucht Revolution S
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels PO4 - 0, NO3 - 3
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk, K and Mg levels 430 / 6 / 400/ 1360
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) Zeolite reactor
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) 4XT5 (2 x blue/white NG/Fuji all Korallen-zucht) Led Kessil A360UW(90w) TMC Aquabeam 30w (Led upgraded) .
    12. What corals do you keep - SPS (over 50 ) LPS (over 30)
    13. Tissue color (light or dark) - Most are dark, there are some light ones after Zeospur
    14. How long has the tank been running - The aquarium was launched 2.5 years ago. 10 months ago converted to Korallen zucht
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system - Coral colors
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) - FWS, Biomate, Acroglow, A,B,K Ballances, Zeospure (2 and ME), coral buster, xtra, iron iod, kalium-iodid, strontium
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) ~20 kg
    18. Any present problems - NO3 level
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) No
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Hanna 713 for phosphate, Ca, Mg, KH, K, NO2, NO3 - all Tropic Marin all in expiration dates
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) - Salinity 1.025, Temp - 25-26
    23. Which salt brand do you use - While Korallen zucht, but about a month or later I switch to Tropic Marine Pro Reef.

Hello.

10 months have passed since the conversion from Tropic Marine to Korallen-zucht.
    Very happy with the results, the corals grow and color.
    Even those corals that had not grown for more than 2 years and lost their color began to grow.
    The only thing that is a little worrisome is that nitrate levels are not being reduced. Phosphates are stable at 0, but nitrate is constant at 3.
    This situation lasts half a year.
    I have about 30 LPS. If Coral Vitalizer is enough for SPS, then I would like to feed LPS with something like reef-roids, but I cannot afford it, the level of nitrate is already too high for the ULNS system.
    Any ideas?

Zeolites - 3/4 pack (small and large stones are weighed separately)
    Flow through the reactor 300 l / h

Dosage
    Zeostart - daily 0.6 ml (break for 10 days after changing zeolites)
    Zeobak - 3 drops twice a week, after changing zeolites - 10 days 3 drops daily
    Zeofood - 6 drops twice a week, after changing zeolites - 10 days 18 drops daily
    Amino SPS - 3 drops every other day (more than 50 sps corals)
    Amino LPS - 1.5 ml every other day (about 30 lps corals)
    Coral Vitalizer - 6 drops every other day.

I also dose the supplements mentioned above.
    Acroglow - 3 drops twice a week
    BioMate - 3 drops twice a week
    A-Ballance - 3 ml once a week
    B-Ballance - 6 ml twice a week
    K-Ballance (Strong) - 3 ml twice a week
    Coral Booster - 3 ml twice a week
    Xtra - 3 ml every other day
    Zeo-spure-2 - 3 ml once every 10 days
    Zeo-spure Micro Elements - 15 ml once aweek
    Iod Complex - every other day, except for the days when I dose Zeobak
    Iron - 3 drops twice a week
    Kalium iodid - every other day, except for the days when I dose Zeobak
    Strontium - 9 ml every other day

Thank you in advance.
    Nick

Not sure if the skimmer is working well, keep the collection cup as clean as possible to make it more outlets. Some of my thoughts are: 1. Zeo Coral Snow 2. Manually pull the zeolite material twice a day 3. Spectroscopy, quote and extend the third point NO3 is 3PO4 is 0, plus your description, corals are mostly dark, personal The taste is close to the natural spectrum, which may be good.

Comment

Thanks Jackie for the answer.
      1. I add Coral Snow twice a week with Zeobac.
      2. Do you mean to shake the zeolites twice?
      3. I don't quite understand what you mean. You could explain?
      Nick

Comment

Sorry, I always interpret it badly. I mean, pull the zeolite material in the reactor several times, x2 times a day. The level of nitrate and phosphate is very good. If nitrate is 3, this will not have an adverse effect on the coral. Please reconfirm the flow rate of the zeolite reactor and keep the collection cup clean to make more outlets. If there is sand, pump vacuum.

If the phosphate level is indeed 0, the coral tissue should begin to slowly lighten, and the coral tissue looks not dark. From the lighting part, choosing a spectrum that is closer to the natural spectrum may be a better adjustment. In contrast, a good spectrum of lighting seems to be a positive help in reducing nutrients.

In addition, are there any additional biological filter materials in the fish sump?

Comment

Hello Nick, as PO4 is low already you can try to reduce the ZeoStart dosage to 2/3 for some time. Just keep a eye on the PO4 level, it should not increase while doing this.

A NO3 level of 3 will also not have a negative impact to the corals or their coloration so basically you can leave it as it is. Please also double check your test kit with another one.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thanks a lot, I'll try.

I posted some photos of my tank and corals.
            https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...kz-again/page2
            I would like to hear your opinions and comments.
            Thank you
            Nick

Comment

I have seen you pictures Nick 👍 Thank you for sharing, corals show impressive changes over the time, they are looking very healthy with excellent growth. I would try to dose some B-Balance and XTra additional. B-Balance should slowly lighten the tissue while XTra should improve coloration.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
                I have seen you pictures Nick 👍 Thank you for sharing, corals show impressive changes over the time, they are looking very healthy with excellent growth. I would try to dose some B-Balance and XTra additional. B-Balance should slowly lighten the tissue while XTra should improve coloration.

G.Alexander
                Thanks for your reply and help.
                I have been adding B-Balance for 4-5 months already and for about 3 months XTRA. Only a few corals have brightened, the rest are still a bit dark.
                That is why, I think it might be from nitrates.
                Nick

Comment

It is probably not the NO3 Nick, can you post a couple of corals pictures ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                  X