20 gallon nano system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 gallon nano system

I'm in the process of breaking down my 170 gallon system and downsizing to a nano 20 gallon cube. Long story short, my 170 was successful and great, but life is getting too busy for it and I want something smaller that I can handle with a busy life. I ha e a friend that will hold the handful of corals I plan to transfer while I do the 14 day cycle. Then hopefully add corals back as I get the system running stable. Has anyone successfully ran zeovit on a nano system? I was able to find a media reactor that would allow me to shake the zeo stones and fit in the back of the all-in-one back sump area. My main question is how much zeolite should I add into that reactor for this size system? Most everything else I have will have to be dosed at 1 drop because of the tank size. The details of the system are as follows.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter 20 gallon
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter guessing 18 gallons
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique no
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) no
    5. Are you using Ozone no
    6. Are you using UV no
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) reef glass nano skimmer
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels n/a
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels ​​​​​​n/a
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) nano skimmer, filter floss, auto water changes
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) orphek atlantic compact LED
    12. What corals do you keep mixed reef
    13. Tissue color (light or dark) n/a
    14. How long has the tank been running not running yet
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system growth, color and more control over the system
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) n/a
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) 10-15lbs tonga branch from my 170 gallon will be used, 3 years old
    18. Any present problems
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
    23. Which salt brand do you use tropic marin pro

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/cms/fi..._english-1.pdf

This link is for your reference

The amount of ZEOvit® used is 1 liter per 100 gallons of water

Comment

The smaller a system is the more difficult it is to have stability however basically ZeoVit can also be used for smaller systems but I am not sure if the downsize is really less work. The 14 day cycle method is what I would also recommend as you have the chance to temporary keep the corals in additional system. If all goes well you should be able to transfer the first test coral after 2 or 3 weeks depending to the water parameters.

G.Alexander

Comment

Will u be adding a zeovit in a reactor or mesh bag?

Comment

I’ll be using an IM mini reactor for all in one aquariums as my zero reactor. The center cylinder can be moved for stone agitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kschmez View Post
            I’ll be using an IM mini reactor for all in one aquariums as my zero reactor. The center cylinder can be moved for stone agitation.
            That’s what I did. I used the medium for my JBJ Nano 28 gallon. Works great. Though calculating the flow rate is challenging. I placed mine in a gallon zip lock bag. Cut a hole and passed the bottom stem through the bag. Rubber bad it tightly. Placed the pump into a bucket with a known volume of water and calculated the flow.

The flow rate makes a difference!!

Comment

Here’s an example of what I did. Check out my thread as well.
              Attached Files

Comment

Good to know! Yes I was thinking how I’d get the flow rate calculated. I’ll give that a shot!

Comment

You can easy calculate it, collect the water from the reactor outlet for exactly 30 seconds. Multiply the volume by 120 and you will get the exact output per hour.

G.Alexander

Comment

That’s for gallons per hour?

Comment

For every unit as it depends to the kind of volume measurement you use in your case if you measure the volume in US gallons you will get the output in US gallons per hour.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                      X