Cyano in 7 months old tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amy View Post
    I also have cyano clean, I've been dosing 12 drops a day, should I do more ? is it normal it smells off ?

Thank you.
    I have never used it so I can not tell you if it has any smell. 2 drops / 25 US gallons daily is the recommendation for the treatment, I would not dose higher. Because of the smell you can try to contact the manufacturer directly via e-mail: info AT korallen-zucht.de

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post

Hello Jacky, we do all not know the ingredients of the products so not sure if this does have a impact to the cyanos but as precaution while the treatment I would stop dosing all “coloration elements”.

G.Alexander
      Thank you G. I studied again

Comment

Hi,
        A Lot happened lately. I sold my 150g because I'm uprading, I've transfer everything in a 150g sump + 65g display/temporary aquarium.

Basically I believe my new system is approximately 200g. The good new is it looks like cyano is gone but now I have brown algae that sticks a little bit everywhere.

I've increased my flow through the reactor to 200gph and I've also just replaced zeolite(2 days ago) and put an extra half bag for a total of 2L.

I'm also still only dosing 1ml daily of zeostart. .5 twice a day.

I'm still doing coral snow mix with bak daily. Last 2 days I put 8 drops of zeobak instead of 6.

Anything I should do ? I don't see bubble at day light but that brown film does increase during the day.

Thank you.

Comment

Also just to clarify, I did not add anything else to the new system, only more water.

The aquarium as currently no fish at all.

I've also noticed my blue tenuis seems to have "burned tips". Alk is still at 7.5 and cal at 420 and it's the only coral who's acting that way.

Thank you.
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Even if you have not added any kind of new rocks / sand such a move is stressful for the systems biology. Can you post a picture of the brown algae to see what exactly it is ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Here are some pictures, it does come off easy with a turkey baster but it doesn't take long before it appears again. There's also a picture of my tenuis.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210217_170559446.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	599261
              Attached Files

Comment

From the pictures I would say those are Dinoflaggelate, do you have access to a microscope ? Dinoflaggelate do also disappear usually while the dark period growing back when the lights are switched on in the morning very quick.

G.Alexander

Comment

It looks like dino, see pictures below, I covered the tank like this, what else should I do ??

Comment

Many had success with a complete light blackout for three days to get rid of them, not much more you can do. If you have CoralSnow Standard you can dose it pure @ 4 ml / 25 US gallons once daily while the three day treatment.

G.Alexander

Comment

I still only dose sponge power, bak, and start? Should I decrease the flow through the reactor?

Will the tank balance itself?

Comment

Yes, continue to maintain the Zeo basic product plan. Maintain the correct zeolite reactor flow rate. To obtain a higher precision mechanical phosphate test kit, it is important to keep the basic water parameters in the NSW including potassium level as much as possible.

Comment

Ok I brought the flow down last night as I was getting a little worried with my sps. I will readjust and keep going with the basic product plan.

I have quite a few animals irritated by the dino.

Thank you.

Comment

Most of those dinos are scattered there. It’s okay, you’re doing well, but make sure that phosphate should not rise, pay close attention to phosphate levels and basic water parameters (including potassium) as stable as possible

Comment

In #24, G. mentioned the way, you try to see. Before turning off the lighting and wrapping the main display system and sump with black cloth, you might as well remove those plastic plates (the ones in the picture), give Zeo CoralSnow, adjust the skimmer wet, and export as much as possible.

If you can, get an extra BioMate

Comment

How much biomate and how often should I dose it?

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X