Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activated Carbon In Zeolite Reactor?

Hello,

I am preparing to transition to the full Zeovit system and wanted to know if there is any reason I shouldn't put the bag of activated carbon (KZ brand) in an automatic Zeolite reactor? I will be using the PRS 1.5L automatic Zeolite reactor, which actually shakes the media (up and down instead of vibrating like the Avast Marine Vibe reactors). I figured that by putting the bag of carbon in the automatic reactor, it will ensure that water is moving to the carbon and to shake it twice a day to prevent channeling and clumping.

One concern I foresee is if the slower flow rate in the Zeolite reactor will encourage bacterial film to grow on the bag, preventing water from effectively passing the carbon AND that the automatic shaking will not be enough to remove the bacterial film, making the carbon ineffective.

Cheers!

You already said

I figured that by putting the bag of carbon in the automatic reactor, it will ensure that water is moving to the carbon and to shake it twice a day to prevent channeling and clumping.

In the case of using the reactor, I don’t think there is any need to worry about the clogging of the mesh bag 、 use the mesh bag for passive flight, and pull the mesh bag several times a day. KZ carbon should be replaced every 15 days and every 30 days. At this time, ro/di water can be used for cleaning.

Comment

Welcome to ZeoVit.com !

If you use active flow like in a reactor for the carbon reduce the quantity to 50% and replace it every 3 weeks. If you recently started with ZeoVit on your system I would recommend to run the carbon passively flown in the sump for the first 2 ZeoVit changing Intervals.

If you like to get a recommendation for the transfer please post some more details about your system:

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...bout-your-tank

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
      X