Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference Between Pohl Xtra and Pohl Xtra Special

Hello,

I have both Pohl Xtra and Pohl Xtra Special. I just wondering what is the difference between both ? And in what condition should I use each product ?

Thanks

It is usually added to water with low malnutrition, and the effect is very good. If everything is fine and the coral has signs of growth, you can start with 2 times a week, Xtra dosage 1ml=100L/25 US gallons. Xtra Special is used to add to water with very low malnutrition. Both Zeo products provide coral color and vitality and health. Don't forget K+~380mg before adding the product.

Comment

Additional what Jacky said the Special version is recommended for systems which have constant issues with light tissue but basically the Standard version does work very well in nutrient poor systems and this version is also used by most people.

G.Alexander

Comment

Comment

In your opinion, do I need to dose the Special, or I just keep dose the standard like I did until now.

Thanks

Comment

Let me talk about my personal taste. If it were me, I would make the coral tissue lighter and the polyp expansion to become more expanded. In my little experience, green corals usually look lighter (light green to yellow). The coral in the picture looks healthy and in good condition. If everything is fine, I think you can try two products, start x2 times a week, and observe the coral gradually. In addition, you can consider adding a Zeo product, Zeo B-Balance, to your dosing plan. This is also a good choice and I recommend it to you

Comment

Thanks Jacky. So you recommend me to use both Xtra and Xtra Special 2x times a week ? Is it ok if I use both ? And for B Balance, I already dose 2x times a week also. Here is my additive list :

Comment

You can try it, Xtra 2 times a week, B-Balance 3 times a week. As G. said, Xtra Special is used for coral tissues that are as thin as paper. Of course, you can also try a slightly x1 1/2 dose. Please also remember that if there are too many trace elements, the coral will look black. In addition, what is the nutritional level? How long has the ZeoVit system been running

Comment

My Nitrate is 5 and Phospate 0.01 - 0.03, my tank has been running for 9 months. Here is my last ICP ( December 2020 )

Comment

I have no experience with ICP, but the data seems to be very good. I always refresh the elements by changing the water every week.

The nutrient salt part looks good, personal taste prefers NP which is difficult to measure. The part of N is 5, which will not adversely affect corals, but should be 0 over time. In my little experience, phosphate 0 and 0.03, these two data, the appearance of coral is indeed different, personally prefer the appearance of coral when phosphate is 0 (undetectable).

Last edited by jacky; 01-25-2021, 08:22 PM.

Comment

More question, I have new Coral Snow Plus that expired this month , do you think I can still use this until at least Februari - March ? Or should I throw away this coral snow plus and not use it ? And I notice the color of this coral snow plus is browny color ( while Coral Snow color is white ).

Is it correct color ? Or it becomes browny because expired ?

Comment

Yes, it has an additional function of reducing phosphate (CoralSnow Plus). CoralSnow is more diffuse and can achieve a clean effect

Comment

I have never used the plus version if you do not get a response from other members because of the brown color you can contact the manufacturer directly via e-mail info AT korallen-zucht.de

Usually the date label is the minimum shelf live of the products and they can be used much longer if stored correctly.

G.Alexander

Comment

Can I mix Coral Snow and Coral snow plus ( each half dose ) together ?

Comment

I have experience in using these two products, I have not done so, so I can't say anything. It is recommended to administer separately, which is also good. Even if it is mixed, nothing will happen. I can't give you 100% answers, but at least that's it.

Comment

Working...
                              X