Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tank want to make sure I start correctly

Hi!
    Starting a new tank, filling up slowly from my RODI as I write this. I want to make sure I start the cycle and dosage correctly l. I had a zeo tank in the pass but wasn’t successful, battled cyano and hair algae majority of the time the tank was setup. I contribute the cause to me over dosing so this time I want to do it right!
    Last edited by ReefDuke; 02-01-2021, 11:32 PM.

So this time I’ want to follow dosing recommendations to the letter.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
    no
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
    no
    5. Are you using Ozone
    no
    6. Are you using UV
    no
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
    nyos 169
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
    dont know
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
    neq tank
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
    filter roller sump
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
    x2 XR15 G5 pros
    12. What corals do you keep
    noe yet but will be all sps and some lps
    13. Tissue color (light or dark
    new tank
    14. How long has the tank been running
    1 day
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
    coral colors
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
    none
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
    man made roughly 40 lbs
    18. Any present problems
    new tank
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
    none
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
    23. Which salt brand do you use
    tropic marine reef prob

I

Comment

Welcome to ZeoVit.com !

I would recommend you to cycle the system as described over here:

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...803#post290803

As you do not use live rock the cycle will take additional time so some patience will be necessary but the steps for the cycle are the same.

Good luck for your new project !

G.Alexander

Comment

I noticed you don’t have Zeo food on here for the Cycle, any reason why? I currently don’t have sponge power only start, bak and Zeo food.
        Last edited by ReefDuke; 01-28-2021, 10:17 PM.

Comment

The old version of the Zeo guide uses Zeo food, but the new version recommends that it be changed to Sponge Power. Zeo food and Zeo Sponge Power are different products and can be used for Zeo 14-day cycle. It is recommended to use Sponge Power to perform Zeo's 14-day cycle. It has good support for biological side effects and reduced nutrition. Zeo food can be used to adjust the appearance of coral later. In addition, it is recommended to use a complete Zeo system instead of adding other products, which can avoid some troubles.

Comment

Thanks!! Do you have any information on how to “charge” the carbon? I read somewhere that you just dip the carbon bag in 90 degree water? Is that it?

Comment

Use ro/di water and rinse a little (fine toner/dust) so that it can be used. It is recommended to use Zeo brand carbon to avoid some coral incompatibility. Some carbon is too aggressive and removes certain elements, which may cause erosion of coral skin. It is also recommended to use some fresh and good live rock, which is really good.

Comment

Activated carbon does usually contain a lot of air which can be released if you place the carbon for 10 – 15 minutes in hot RO water. 90 degree is ideal, the water should not boil anymore. This will make the carbon more effective.

G.Alexander

Comment

My bottle of sponge power comes tomorrow however I’m day 7 in the cycle. The tank was started with water/rock seeded with dr tim’s one and only so my ammonia is 0, nitrite 0.2 and nitrate 2. I also dosed bright wells micro bacter 7 one and only on day 4-5 which most likely also helped with the cycle. My question is when I get the sponge power should I dose the initial dose of Sponge Power: 3 ml per 100 liters/25 US gallons or Sponge Power 1 drop / 100 liters/25 US gallons daily until the end of the cycle?

ps I’m dealing with a bacteria bloom also.
                  Attached Files

Comment

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...803#post290803

The addition of ZEObak, ZEOstart and Sponge Power can be started now.

ZEObak: 5 ml per 100 liters/25 US gallons
                    ZEOstart: 10 ml per 100 liters/25 US gallons
                    Sponge Power: 3 ml per 100 liters/25 US gallons

Day 2 and Day 3
                    Dosing break.

Day 4:

Dose ZEObak, ZEOstart and Sponge Power as recommended on the products Label daily until day 14:
                    ZeoBac 1 drop / 100 liters/25 US gallons daily
                    Sponge Power 1 drop / 100 liters/25 US gallons daily
                    ZeoStart 0.1 ml / 100 liters/25 US gallons 2 x daily

Starting from day 14:
                    ZeoBac 1 drop / 100 liters/25 US gallons 2-3 x weekly
                    Sponge Power 1 drop / 100 liters/25 US gallons daily
                    ZeoStart 0.1 ml / 100 liters/25 US gallons 2 x daily

Comment

When I did not enter the ZeoVit forum, I used the ZeoVit system and dry rock to execute the Zeo14 project. I encountered the problem of bacteria blooming (the water is a bit white and the skimmer stacking bubble is not normal), I understand that I need some fresh and high-quality Live rock, everything was normal afterwards. In my area, there are also many people who use ZeoVit system, but most of them always have bad experience. I want a more professional knowledge, and then I came here. After that, in retrospect, my addition of live rock was indeed the right choice. 1. Zeo guide/G. Alexander also recommends 2. Speed ​​up this process 3. Biology is very important, it also affects the health and color of corals 4. The robustness of biology can avoid some undesirable problems.

Comment

If you do not have animals in the system already I would recommend you to start doing SpongePower with the initial 3 ml per 100 liters/25 US gallons dosage even if the system is running since a couple of days.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post
                            The old version of the Zeo guide uses Zeo food, but the new version recommends that it be changed to Sponge Power. Zeo food and Zeo Sponge Power are different products and can be used for Zeo 14-day cycle. It is recommended to use Sponge Power to perform Zeo's 14-day cycle. It has good support for biological side effects and reduced nutrition. Zeo food can be used to adjust the appearance of coral later. In addition, it is recommended to use a complete Zeo system instead of adding other products, which can avoid some troubles.

Hey Jacky or Mr Alexander, that initially confused me when I started. I am reading more threads as I become more accustomed with ZeoVit. The “Basic 4” sold on many US websites still includes ZeoFood vs Sponge Power. Probably you two have influence over at KorallenZucth, and let them know to change this at the US distributors.

Comment

This is my second zeo tank and this time around I can see so many mistakes that I made on my 1st tank that led to Dino’s, hair algae cyano which ultimately made me break the system down. One of those mistakes being that I was dosing zeofood every day as like PJewell said the starter packs come with Zeofood not sponge power.

Here are some mistakes I made in the past.

over dosing additives ( thought more was better)

I’m pretty sure I used the entire 1000l bag of zeolite in a 90 gallon
                              dosed Zeo food every day
                              Flow rate was not dialed in on the reactor
                              I ran GFO and carbon
                              I ran a UV sterilizer
                              the carbon I used was ROX

funny thing is my LPS corals actually did pretty well except any Acro I put in developed RTN within days of being in my system.

Here’s some photos of my old tank.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X