No announcement yet.

Tired of winging it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah why did my most recent post just now get marked as spam?

Comment

Those are good news, I keep my fingers crossed that the flatworms do not return.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
        Those are good news, I keep my fingers crossed that the flatworms do not return.

G.Alexander
        As far as my current tank vitals -- I know my potassium is high, which I will monitor weekly. Does any of the KZ products I dose, for example, Coral Booster affect my potassium levels?

Is there anything else I should be doing now? BulkReefSupply.com is having a sale on KorallenZucht products!

Currently Dosing —

0.10 mL ZeoStart everyday
        2 drops ZeoBak every other day
        2 drops Sponge Power every other day (opposite days of ZeoBak)
        2 drops Bio-mate
        1 mL Coral Booster every other day
        1 mL Flatworm Stop Daily
        6 drops of ZeoFood (starting this week daily, then after next week 2 drops, every 3 days)

Current Parameters—

8.1 pH (8.02 low and 8.35 high)
        Alkalinity 8.3 dKH (I know too high, I am letting it drop)
        Calcium 430 ppm
        Magnesium Untested
        NO3 0 ppm
        PO4 0.0 ppm (0 ppb Phosphorus, Hanna 736 ULR Phosphorus)
        Potassium 460 ppm

Comment

I don't know the ingredients of the product Coral Booster, but I don't expect it to contain potassium, as it should be.

The basic water parameters look good, the potassium level is slightly higher, the value is less than 450 mg, usually 380 to 400 is good

Comment

No worry, the potassium level is high but this will not have a negative impact, let it slowly drop over the time by stop dosing potassium until the level is around 380 mg. The absolute levels do usually not cause problems, just quick swings from my experience.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post
              I don't know the ingredients of the product Coral Booster, but I don't expect it to contain potassium, as it should be.

The basic water parameters look good, the potassium level is slightly higher, the value is less than 450 mg, usually 380 to 400 is good
              Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
              No worry, the potassium level is high but this will not have a negative impact, let it slowly drop over the time by stop dosing potassium until the level is around 380 mg. The absolute levels do usually not cause problems, just quick swings from my experience.

G.Alexander

hey guys, thank you for the encouragement! The potassium increased slowly via the top off. This took about 2 weeks to go from 360 to 450. I had no idea how powerful this is, and we should absolutely test for it.

One thing when I noticed about my Leng Sy Purple Rim Montipoa Capricornus is that while transitioning to ZeoVit a few weeks back, it slowly lost it’s purple rim. It got green-gray or metallic green like in appearance.

Up until, this week, it remain this distasteful color. Then almost over night, all of my green corals turned very green in appearance.

I also had a very blue Acropora for a few months prior to Zeo. Probably some type of Acropora tenius. Was a beautiful shade of blue, now it’s a drab cream light purple. It’s growing very well. Great polyp extension.

I am going to give it some more time and see what comes about it. I did have some unstableness in parameters and the dip didn’t help.

Comment

Because of the purple rim Montipora you can try to dose some iron, this will increase green coloration also. For the leak of blue dosing iodine can be helpful.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                X