No announcement yet.

ZEOvit Tank not maturing as expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a chance to tear down and clean some pumps and powerheads. The only rust I found was a small amount on a magnet in the return pump. I have ordered a replacement part and cleaned out as much rust as I could. I can't go without a return pump for the time being.

The only other thing I can thing of is some of the acrylic projects I have put in the tank lately. Maybe the solvents used to bond the acrylic weren't fully cured, but that seems unlikely given the volume of solvent used and how thin the items bonded were.

I decided to do a few big water changes over the next few days, and hopefully that will clear out some problems. I think I should probably turn the carbon back on tomorrow, what do you think?

Comment

If you have not observed a positive impact while removing the carbon you can start using ti again but I would just use 50% at the moment. If there is rust on the pump I would replace the rusty part or the pump as soon as possible. Rel Acrylic does not leach anything harmful to saltwater so I would rule it out at the moment. Doing more water changes will basically not cause any issues and remove harmful substances effective if there are any while it also adds elements in a balanced way.

G.Alexander

Comment

I think I have identified a problem. I'm not sure if it is the only problem, but I believe my tank has dinoflagellates taking over. I thought it was hair algae, but my tangs aren't touching it, and it appears to be bothering the coral.

What is the Zeo way to get rid of dinos? Is this something to be expected running an ULNS?

Comment

I have another question actually, if my ZEObak dose is 4 drops 2 times per week, what should my ZEOFood dose be by volume? I dont like the droppers that come with the system and prefer to use measured pipettes where possible.

Comment

There is no direct link between the dosage of ZeoBac and ZeoFood. Dosing both @ 1 drop / 25 US gallons 2 – 3 x weekly works well for most systems.

G.Alexander

Comment

I think my issue at this point is cyano getting on frag plugs and starving the corals out. I just ordered some Cyano Clean and Coral Snow. Am I on the right track?

Also, how do I dose those two for a 120 gallon tank?

Comment

If my understanding is correct, 120 US gallons equals 480 liters, the mixture, Zeo CoralSnow 10ml + Zeo Bac 5 drops, x7 days a day.
                Adjust the skimmer wet to make it more export

Cyano signs, let us first test whether the water is good and we have ensured that it is the best.

Cyano Clean products can also be used for treatment, but I have no experience in using it. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the dosage for you.

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post
                  If my understanding is correct, 120 US gallons equals 480 liters, the mixture, Zeo CoralSnow 10ml + Zeo Bac 5 drops, x7 days a day.
                  Adjust the skimmer wet to make it more export

Cyano signs, let us first test whether the water is good and we have ensured that it is the best.

Cyano Clean products can also be used for treatment, but I have no experience in using it. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the dosage for you.
                  Currently I am dosing ZeoStart every day. ZeoFood and ZeoBac twice per week. Is that a correct dosing regimen? If not, could you recommend a standard dosing schedule for my 450 liter system?

Thanks

Comment

As Jacky said dose 10 ml CoralSnow Standard mixed with 5 drops ZeoBac daily for some time. While doing this no additional ZeoBac dosage is necessary. As long as you have issues with Cyanos stop dosing ZeoFood.

G.Alexander

Comment

The zeolite material is 1.2 liters, and the continuous flow rate of the zeolite reactor is 480 liters per hour (maximum). Use a small container to collect the reactor outlet for 30 seconds, volume x 120, so that you can know the continuous flow rate

KZ carbon, 0.5 liters, passive flight with mesh bag, change every 30 days

Zeo Bac 5 drops, 2-3 times a week
                      Zeo Start 0.48ml x 2, every day
                      Zeo Sponge Power 5 drops every other day

As G. said, stop Zeo Food temporarily. Brightwell Coral Amino product, I am not sure about the product, but I suggest you stop temporarily. Not sure what exactly is in your tank/sump. Can you display it as a picture? Thank you. So that everyone can help more

I am responding to other people’s questions, I missed your question, I’m sorry

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post
                        The zeolite material is 1.2 liters, and the continuous flow rate of the zeolite reactor is 480 liters per hour (maximum). Use a small container to collect the reactor outlet for 30 seconds, volume x 120, so that you can know the continuous flow rate

KZ carbon, 0.5 liters, passive flight with mesh bag, change every 30 days

Zeo Bac 5 drops, 2-3 times a week
                        Zeo Start 0.48ml x 2, every day
                        Zeo Sponge Power 5 drops every other day

As G. said, stop Zeo Food temporarily. Brightwell Coral Amino product, I am not sure about the product, but I suggest you stop temporarily. Not sure what exactly is in your tank/sump. Can you display it as a picture? Thank you. So that everyone can help more

I am responding to other people’s questions, I missed your question, I’m sorry
                        How important is it that I dose Zeo Start 2x per day instead of one larger dose?

Should I be dosing any of these things with the skimmer off? Should I be dosing them to any particular area of the tank?

Thanks,

AC

Comment

Divide it into 2 times a day, which is better. It is evenly scattered at different times so that the bacteria can work evenly. (Average/stable/regular/more balanced/fresh). Good skimmer is being eliminated and divided into 2 times a day, which is good.

Basically, it can be administered anywhere. We should avoid in front of the entrance of skimmer

Under normal circumstances, there is no need to turn off the skimmer, and the skimmer should be kept running to allow the reacted mud to exit.

Comment

Zeovit is a system that combines a source of bacteria. ZeoStart helps the reproduction of nitrifying bacteria, which basically "eat" phosphate and nitrate. Zeostart is used in combination with zeobak (food for bacteria), and zeobak is used in combination with zeolite.

Bacteria need time to grow. Bacteria need energy supply. After the bacteria work, they are metabolized by skimmer. Therefore, we do an even distribution several times a day to maintain a stable and low malnutrition environment to maintain a stable biology.

My understanding is this, maybe there are many wrong ideas, I try to express what I mean, refer to it

Comment

Jacky is right, splitting the dosage over the day will provide a more stabile biology. It can also be split to 4 times per day for example.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                              X