Newbie and considering zeovit system for my new frag tank system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie and considering zeovit system for my new frag tank system

I have done a little research and am considering implementing the zeovit system on my new frag system that I'm in the process of setting up. Also think about converting my 220g display to zeovit as well but it will be more of a new start as I am planning to remove corals and fish from the display and keep them in the frag system until i can redo the display. I want to redo the rock scape and change out the sump and geg rid of some pest in the display (blue clove polp aptasia and some trash pallies. Some input and guidance would be greatly appreciated. Saw the post about tank intro so here it goes will answer as many of the questions as I am able to.

Frag system.
    1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter. 2 34 gallon frag tanks and a75 gallon diy sump also have a 150 gallon rubbermaid trough that i was planing on putting all the live rock in.
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter. Not sure yet
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique. Brs 2 part
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) No
    5. Are you using Ozone no
    6. Are you using UV no
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) currently have a reef octopus ps-2000int and a vertex alpha 200 have decided which to use
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels. N/A
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels N/A
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) I was planning on using a Clear water 50 algae scrubber
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) 2 Orphek Atlantik v4
    12. What corals do you keep mostly sps a few lps and mushrooms
    13. Tissue color (light or dark)
    14. How long has the tank been running
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system colors and growth
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) Not sure have probably 150 + lbs
    18. Any present problems
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Trident red sea nitrate hanna ultra low phosphate
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
    23. Which salt brand do you use tropic marine pro

Welcome to ZeoVit.com !

As you start the frag system from the scratch I would recommend you to the following method to cycle the system:

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...803#post290803

If you plan to use rocks from a older system make sure it does not have accumulated nutrients already. Usually this is the case if the rocks where kept in a system with higher nutrient concentrations.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
      Welcome to ZeoVit.com !

As you start the frag system from the scratch I would recommend you to the following method to cycle the system:

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...803#post290803

If you plan to use rocks from a older system make sure it does not have accumulated nutrients already. Usually this is the case if the rocks where kept in a system with higher nutrient concentrations.

G.Alexander

Rocks are older how would you go about removing the nutrients from them?

Comment

If you fear they do leach nutrients I would personally not use them instead using fresh live rock if possible. If you like to give the old rocks a try there is not much you can if you like to keep the biology of the rocks intact but it might be a longer process until your system is running nutrient poor solid.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
        X