Hi,

I am running my new tank under zeovit system :

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - 400 L
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - 350 liter
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique no
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) no
    5. Are you using Ozone no
    6. Are you using UV : Already shutdown
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) Maxspect Aeraqua Duo
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels Po4 0,03 - 0,06 No3 10
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels ca 450 Alk 7,2 mg 1200
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) Skimmer, carbon in bag, zeovit in auto reactor.
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) 2x Illumagic Blaze X Mini 1x Radion G4, T5 Aquatic Life 4 bulbs
    12. What corals do you keep sps including acros

13. Tissue color (light or dark) dark I think
    14. How long has the tank been running 4 months
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system a good stable system with good growth and collor
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) No
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) 20 kg Caribsea rock 4 months old
    18. Any present problems : Some of my sps looks dark, my sps get algae on it tips
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) One of my sps get algae on it growth tips, another one sps get tissue lost
    20. Test sets) No3 salifert, Po4 hanna, Neptune Trident
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
    zeolite 300ml, bak 1x 3 drops a week, start 0,4 ml 2x per week, cv 2x 3 drop per week, zeofood 3 drops 1x per week, coral snow 2ml 1x week, Xtra 2ml 2x per week, B balance 2ml 2x per week, Jod komplex 2 drops 1x per week, Coral booster 2ml 1x per week, Zeospur macroelements 10ml 1x per week
    ​​​​​​
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) salinity 1.024 temp 24.8 - 25.5 C
    23. Which salt brand do you use : Red sea salt ( blue bucket )

Please advise, is my sps looks dark ?

Comment

I would recommend you some changes:

ZeoVit – 850 ml (0.85 liters) with a constant flow of 350 liters per hour – Replaced every 6 weeks
      Carbon - 350 ml (0.35 liters) passively flown in a mash bag in the sump – Replaced every 4 weeks

ZeoBac – 4 drops 2 x weekly
      ZeoStart – 0.35 ml 2 x daily
      CoralVitalizer – 7 drops 2 x weekly
      ZeoFood – 2 drops 2 x weekly
      CoralSnow – 4 ml 2 x weekly
      XTra – 2 ml 2 x weekly
      B-Balance – 3.5 ml 2 x weekly
      Iodine – 3 drops 1 – 2 x weekly
      CoralBooster – 2 ml 2 x weekly
      Macroelements – stop to use them temporary until corals tissue get lighter

Increase the ZeoVit quantity just step by step slowly, same as the reactor flow.

Please also check the K+ level, it should be ~ 380 mg.

G.Alexander

Comment

Is it okay if I dose zeofood while my PO4 is 0.06 ? Will it raise PO4 ?

Comment

My potassium level are 344 using Red sea test kit, should I dose K balance to raise it ?

Comment

ZeoFood does not contain PO4 so it will not increase the level. K+ is to low, I would recommend to slowly increase the level to ~ 380 mg if you are sure your test kit result is correct. K-Balance Strong is what I would recommend you to increase the level. You can dose 1 ml / 25 US gallons 2 – 3 x daily until the level is ~ 380 mg. Make sure to keep a minimum dosing break between the additions of 2 hours.

G.Alexander

Comment

Ok I'll do it. In your opinion, what makes my sps darker than usual ? Is it because PO4 ?

Comment

It might be a combination of elevated PO4, higher element concentrations and that the system is relative new. I am not familiar with LED but this can be a reason also if the lighting spectrum is to blue for example.

G.Alexander

Comment

Noted. Two of my acros getting brown algae on it tips and then slowly dying, in your opinion what caused that happen ? Is it alk swing ? Because I keep my Alk between 7 - 7.2 with Alkatronic.

Comment

If algae grow on the tips the coral list their tissue at the tips first. Those are some things which can cause TN at the tips from my experience:

Quick decrease of PO4
                    To much ZeoVit reactor flow
                    Quick increase of the potassium level
                    To high KH or quick KH swings
                    Toxins / heavy metals

Light and to much direct flow are two further possibilities.

G.Alexander

Comment

Comment

That is pict of my acro that got brown algae on it tips. What should I do now ?

Comment

Because of this coral I would not do anything at the moment as this will just stress it furthermore. If the coral is healthy the tissue should slowly start to overgrow the affected sections again.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                          X