No announcement yet.

wanting to start zeo on a established 200l system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. Ive just carried out weekly checks and my phosphate seems to have risen from 16ppb to 26 ppb all other parameters are normal. I seem to be getting slight tissue loss on one of my red acros. All others are fine at the moment. Could someone advise on this please. Thank you. Chris.

Comment

Hello Chris, give the system some time, it is bacterial driven so it will take a couple of weeks before the nutrient processing works as it should be. Please also measure the reactor flow to see if it to low.

I would also do two water changes each 10 – 15% within a week to refresh elements in a balanced way.

The TN of the coral you mention can have so much reasons, lets see if it does move forward in the next couple of days.

G.Alexander

Comment

Hi. Just a quick update. The corals all seem to be doing fine with good polyp extension and phos is also on its way down tester 16ppb. I seem to be getting a lot of red brown smothering algea on the sand bed could you advise on this please. Thank you. Chris

Comment

Hello Chris, can you please post your actual dosing regimen of everything you dose ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Hi ye sure.
            so im currentky dosing the 0.15ml of zeo start 3
            ive just switched from dosing 2 drops twice daily on the zeo back to 2 drops twice weekly as in into the 3rd week now.
            im dosing 0.5 ml of liquid phos remover daily (gradualy working down)
            im dosing 5ml of red sea alk daily.
            im not currently dosing cal and mg as trying to get them down a bit.
            stoped the 3 part aquaforest as suggested because of the additional trace elements.
            and that is it. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you Chris, lets first try to vacuum the affected sand areas while each water change to remove the algae and the sediments from the deeper sand layers.

If this does not remove it you can try to dose Coral Snow additional.

G.Alexander

Comment

Hi g.alaxander I did a water change vacuming the gravel last night. Got in today from work and its back again as before. How much of the coral snow should i dose? The sand it only a scattering along the bottom its not deep at all. I was barebottom but i kept getting a brown algae on glass. Id like to go back bare bottom but dont want it to get covered in the algae again. Thank you.

Comment

Can you please post a closer picture of the stuff ? Does it usually disappear while the dark period growing back when the light are switched on in the morning ?

Yo0u can dose 3 ml CoralSnow mixed with 2 drops ZeoBac daily for one week. While doing this no additional ZeoBac dosage is necessary.

G.Alexander

Comment

Ye sure. Yes it does go away at night time and comes back when lights are on.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Can not see it for sure from the pictures but my guess is that those are Dinoflaggelate which are difficult to treat. Many had success with a complete light blackout for 3 days, wrapping the display tank with a black foil to prevent light from the room. Lets continue with the treatment of CoralSnow and ZeoBac for one week first to see if that does help.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                      X