Just Starting Zeovit Some General Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little update:

I started ZEOzym yesterday, I used 1/3 of a teaspoon (I eyed it out by using 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon) in a pint of tank water. I poured it directly into the tank after 8 hours of sitting. At same time I dosed all 3 bacterias (ZEObak (3), Bio-Mate (3), and CyanoClean (6)) directly into the tank. I didn't turn off my skimmer until like 30 mins into it. I will start turning it off immediately after dosing it for a few hours. (KZ has the worse instructions I have seen on their products.) This morning I dosed 6 mL of Coral Snow.

I plan to alternating ZEOzym (along with the 3 bacterias) and Coral Snow back and forth each morning until I feel like I have beaten cyano, in which I think I am at the tipping point, but we will see. Is this a good plan?

I did some testing today:

Salinity: 35.3 ppt

Alk: 9.7 dKH (I stopped kalk and switched over to TM's CarboCalium and purposely dropping it to 7-9 dKH, giving up old school thinking)

Ca: 450 ppm

Nitrates: 12 ppm (on the low side of 12 ppm color chart, this is good, because last test it was on the high side of 12 ppm color chart,. I am not remotely worried about nitrates, since it has always been the easiest to control for me)

Phosphates: 0.25 ppm (the last test (3 days ago) was 0.35 ppm, hopefully its on a permanent downward trend, but I am not holding my breath. As mentioned this tank has given me the birdie every time I thought I have figured out my phosphates problems after seeing some downward trends in the past)

Comment

You can mix ZeoZym with some tank water and add CoralSnow, ZeoBac, BioMate and CyanoClean after a couple of hours dosing this mixture daily. Switch off your skimmer for about 2 hours while dosing. I would not see a problem dosing this for 10 days to see if the cyanos get reduced.

G.Alexander

Comment

Just to make sure we are on same page, you are saying dose just plain ZEOzym, wait a few hours, and then dose everything else at same time?

For an example:

8:00am - Dose ZEOzym (with the skimmer off)

10:00am - Dose Coral Snow, ZEObak, Bio-Mate and CyanoClean( with the skimmer turned back on)

Comment

No you can mix them all together so in your example:

08:00 ZeoZym & tankwater
          10:00 add CoralSnow, BioMate and CyanoClean to ZeoZym and dose all together in front of a pump in the display system.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
          X