Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudiness in water

Hi,

I was wondering what would cause cloudiness in the aquarium ? Water used to be crystal clear and since maybe a week ago it cloudi at all times.

None of my parameters have changed or my dosing regimen.

​​​​​​Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

I follow interested. Same exact problem for 3 days. I had this problem for 2 months when starting the tank, then it seemed to be solved but for 3 days again struggling with this problem. I can't figure out if it's a question of bacteria or if it's something else

Comment

While I never had this problem in one of my own tanks I have noticed over the last years a couple of people do have this issue also. I am not sure if it is linked to systems which used dry rocks but basically most affected systems do not run with live rock. Anyways my guess is that it is bacteria based and usually it does not cause any kind of damage to the corals but it does reduce lighting intensity.

My recommendation would be to continue dosing as usual running temporary a UV light a couple of days to clear up the water. The UV has to be switched off for about 2 hours while dosing. Usually the cloudiness does disappear quick and does not return.

G.Alexander

Comment

Ok, I can try that but my tank has about 1/2 live rock if not a little more and the rest base rock.

​​​​​​I've also notice a lot of my corals are getting very white almost bleached, and PE is not as good as before.

Could it be related ?

Comment

If corals are bleaching I would expect there are additional issues, difficult to say as it can be caused by many things.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
          X