Triton Zeovit method on 250l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reefdom

My last ICP test was 6th Aug, it was the first since I converted to Zeovit system and was happy with the results, I did see that potassium levels were low and instructed to increase levels accodingly, I will continue around every 3months or so with the ICP tests as I do like to find out what minor/trace elemetns are low and dose accordingly to keep as close to natural sea water as possible. I have brought a KZ potassium test kit to keep track of any reductions in potassium as this element is considered vital in a low neturient system.

I have stopped with the Triton reef supplements (None refuigium system) and will start with Phols Extra and K-balanace when I have control of my brown algae, under the instruction of ZeoAdmin

Comment

I hope to send an icp at the end if the month. I did one before starting Zeovit but I have not done one since starting Zeovit so I am interested to see the effect on trace elements.

keep us updated. Do you have a build thread?

Comment

Zeoadmin

Can you advise if i need to follow the Zeofood+ instructions of 1 week/month 6 drops/100L/day.?

Comment

Zeoadmin

When can I start using Phol's extra, coral booster and coral vitaliser, or will adding these just compund the issue of dino's

Comment

You can dose XTra and Booster if the system runs with a low PO4 level stabile and therefore corals slowly start to get lighter tissue. Both can be dosed 2 x weekly.

If you already have Crral Vitalizer you can add 4 drops 2 x weekly and 2 drops ZeoFood 2 x weekly.

G.Alexander

Comment

Admin

My basic water parameters are as follows:
              Temp: 25.8DegC
              Sal: 1.025
              PH: 8.2
              KH:6.4
              Ca: 441
              Mg: 1280
              PO4: 0.01
              No3: 2
              K: 440

I have been dosing CoralSnow Daily for 2weeks since being told to on 09-10-2020, 10:17 PM and what a difference, the tank's water is cristal clear and the sand bed diatom bloom virtually gone. I did check my doser and I do think that I was dosing too much ZeoStart3 as the calibration had drifted, this was corrected. Either way the tank is going in the right direction.

I have attached a guide to my dosing schedule. I have noticed that my Favites (War Coral) has started to bleech out, is there anything in my scheule that could be improved.
              Attached Files

Comment

Just missing your ZeoStart dosage in the table but I expect you dose it 2 x daily as recommended. Is there anything you like to change with the corals or are they doing fine. Please also post a list of all korallenzucht products you already have. Is Coral B the product B-Balance or is it something different ?

G.Alexander

Comment

ZeoAdmin

I have an issue wth my Favites (Red War Coral), its loosing its distintive red colour, all other SPS frags (Stylo, Acro & Monti) are doing good, just seems to be my war coral has issues. I am not dosing B-balance at this time, what are your thoughts on anything else I could try?.

My Zeo products are:
                  ZEObak x2 drops x2 week, except when changing Zeovit rocks then dose x2 drops for 10days after exchange
                  ZOstart3 0.4ml morning & night every day
                  Pohl’s Xtra 2ml x2 week
                  Zeofood+ x2 drops x1 week
                  Coral Vitalizer x4 drops x1 week
                  Coral Snow 2ml x1 week
                  Coral Booster 2ml x1 week
                  Amino Acid HC x2 drops x1 week
                  Amino Acid LPS 1ml x1 week

Comment

My experience with this kind of corals is limited but basically they can do very well I a nutrient poor environment. It might be the “transition” process as LPS corals do usually need more time than SPS corals. I would try to feed the corals with some LPS food directly for some time 1 – 2 x weekly additional. You can also try to increase the dosage of Amino LPS to 1 ml every other day.

G.Alexander

Comment

Admin

Struggling to keep KH elevated between 6.5-7-.5 with KZ KH Plus concentration solution, I'm dosing around 8ml of solution daily and thinking of increasing, on the bottle it states (Maximum 1 ml per 25 gallons daily.) so from that I would be overdosing but even with 8ml daily i still cannot keep depletion of KH between 6.5-7.5, current value is 5.8 (Hanna Checker)

Comment

First thing I would try is cross checking the KH with a different test kit, if the result is the same you can slowly increase the quantity of your KH supplement to keep the level stabile in the recommended range. Just keep in mind to do the increase slow.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                        X