Mechanical Filtration or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanical Filtration or not

Is there a general view on whether one should use mechanical filtration in the tank? I currently use filter socks, changed every 3 or 4 days, mainly to keep the water clear but it would be good to understand what the zeovit guidance is on this.

Can zeovit be run with no filter socks? if so, what are the implications or things to be aware of.

You can use mechanical filtration with filter socks or bags also if they are cleaned regular. If you can not clean them regular it would be better to run the system without. Personally I have used filter bags also and cleaned them every other day. I would not use any kind of sponge or filter cotton material over a longer period.

G.Alexander

Comment

Ok, thank you. Do you feel that every 3 days or once a week is not enough?

if they are left longer is it not the same as not using them at all as the waste still stays in the system.

Comment

I can just talk about my reefs and the bags where dirty every other day which was the cleaning interval I have used. I had installed the bag at the beginning of my sump so all water which where exchanged with the sump has passed the bag.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
        X