New tank setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tank setup

HI zeovit team, i have been reefing for almost 20 over years and this is the first time am using the zeovit system. As i have seen very promising results from it, so i have decided to give it shot. hopefully u along the way u guys can help out by giving direction if i went off course, so to cut things short below are my tank specs.....
    1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) – 87gal
    2. Tank dimensions 5ft x 2ft x 1ft
    3. 2 inch sand bed in main tank
    4. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) – 85 gal
    5. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique – NO
    6. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) – No if needed
    7. Are you using Ozone – No
    8. Are you using UV – No if needed
    9. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) – Nyos 120 rated 125g max
    10. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels – PO4: Na / NO3: Na (Now cycling period)
    11. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels – Na (Now cycling period)
    12. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) – 2’ sand bed in DT
    13. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) – 2’ sand bed in DT
    14. Type of light (Watt, colour temp, how old, etc.) –36’ Aqualife T5, Illumagic, 1 Orphek Atlantik V2.1
    15. What corals do you keep – Planning to keep dominant SPS start from frags
    16. Tissue colour (light or dark) – Prefer Darker intense colour
    17. How long has the tank been running – / new setup
    18. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system – Stunning Corals colour
    19. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) – /Na, Not at the moment
    20. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) – Na. Plan to only use seeded marine pure blocks & some dry rocks in the sump
    21. Any present problems – Na
    22. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) – / N/A
    23. What test kit do you use - Salifert / Hanna
    24. Present dosing, amounts and intervals - / Na
    25. Other water parameters and water stability 26 degrees, Sg 1.025
    26. Which salt brand do you use – Redsea pro salt, redsea salt.
    Well to start off the cycling i will be using redsea salt, with RO water.
    Question guys- Do i still need to add a market prawn to start off with the cycling using the mircobacter 7? While am using the basic 4 of zeovit (zeolites inside a PRS reactor, zeobak, zeofood, zeostart. But during the cycling do i need to include KZ carbon?

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...nformation-faq

Zeo 14-day cycle plan, #7 in the link (also includes the issue of activated carbon)

Suggestion :

1. Let us use the complete Zeo system instead of adding different bacteria and market shrimp, which is not necessary. Zeo basic 4 products (Zeo Bac/Start/Sponge Power/zeolite and activated carbon). Zeo food lets us switch to Zeo Sponge Power, after the malnutrition is good, adjust the coral appearance and add

2. It is recommended to use fresh and high-quality live rock (which speeds up the process). If dry materials are your choice (biology, this does take a long time), then A: It is recommended to use natural materials instead of processed ones. Material. B: Take some old zeolite materials from the Zeo system that has been established for a while, which is good

Net water volume 85 gallons, about 340 liters

Quantity of zeolite: 0.85 liters

The zeolite material passes through the reactor, and the outlet flow rate is about 340 liters per hour.

Zeo activated carbon quantity: 0.34 liters, use malt bag, put in sump, adopt passive flight, replace every 30 days

Comment

Wow thanks Jacky for the precise breakdown of the materials being use.

Q1: How many times do i tumble the prs zeolites reactor, during the cycling period?

Q2: i will be using marine pure biofilter media to replace liverocks as they have already seeded in my QT system for more than 1yr.

Q3: Which sump compartment should i place the carbon?

Comment

Answer 1. I have no experience in using the Prs reactor, sorry. Then, the new tank, do it once a day, with the minimum frequency. Even if the material cannot be pulled, this will not affect the progress. It is important to confirm that the flow through the reactor outlet is correct. (A good learning opportunity, even if there are no animals currently present), (using a container, after passing through the zeolite material outlet, collect the water outlet for 30 seconds, volume x120, so that you can get the hourly flow level).
        Adjust skimmer to dry

Answer 2. Not recommended, usually this is not necessary. If you can get some fresh and high-quality live rock, it is definitely the best alternative

Answer 3. It is recommended to use passive flight. At the position behind the skimmer and the reactor (usually slower flow), it can also be placed in the reactor, but the number of use and replacement period will be different

Comment

Working...
        X