No announcement yet.

Thinking of Starting Zeovit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With mine I had two valves, one at the water outlet to dam up the water in the reactor to prevent air bubbles coming out of it and one between the pump and the reactor outlet to adjust the flow. What is the actual out flow with the ZeoVit material and without the valve to adjust it ?

G.Alexander

Comment

I got everything up and running. I was able to find a valve that was close in size. Here are my current parameters.

PH: 7.8-8.06
      Alk: 7.1
      Calcium: 438
      Magnesium: 1299
      Nitrate: 25
      Phosphate: 0.15

I am pumping the reactor twice a day
      5 drops ZeoBac in the evening
      .45ml ZeoStart twice a day

I will maintain this for two weeks then change as you advised. Should I purchase some Zeofood for future use?

Comment

You can use it later once the system runs nutrient poor stabile if necessary but at the moment I would not use it additional.

G.Alexander

Comment

Starting Week 2 Today.

Phosphate: 0.15

No change yet.

I will continue:
          5 drops ZeoBac in the evening
          .45ml ZeoStart twice a day

Comment

The system conversion allows us to maintain the #2 plan (dose, material quantity, reactor flow rate), and it is important to let Zeo take over the system to complete this foundation. It is also recommended that it is only possible to keep basic water parameters close to NSW levels, including potassium levels.

Comment

Starting Week 3

Starting Week 2 Today.

Phosphate: 0.21

My phosphate level went up. I am running my skimmer wet and doing water changes once a week. I will continue to dose ZeoStart twice a day at .45ml/per dose. How should I change ZeoBac? Any other changes?

Comment

At week 4 I would recommend to do the first ZeoVit exchange. Replace 90% of the material and keep ~ 10% of the old material in the reactor. After each ZeoVit exchange dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days. Later exchanges can be done in the interval of 6 – 8 weeks depending to the nutrient situation.

If you corals are doing fine 2 weeks after the first exchange you can switch the reactor to continuous flow, this should be help additional to reduce nutrients. Make sure to use the recommended flow rate. If you like to you can additional dose 10 drops BioMate every other day, can be helpful to slowly reduce the PO4 level, otherwise no changes are necessary at this stage.

G.Alexander

Comment

Today I did the zeovit exchange. I kept 90% of the media and also replaced the carbon.

Dosing:
                  Daily: .45ml at morning and night
                  Every other day: 10 drops Biomate
                  Mon/Wed/Fri: 5 drops ZeoBac (Will dose for 10 days straight now, then switch to Mon/Wed/Fri)

I double checked the flow and I am at ~132gallons per hour out the reactor. I am still seeing very high phosphate levels, ~ .29. Most of my SPS has died, this started before I changed to ZeoVit but my nutrient levels have continued to elevate. This tank was started with mature live rock. The only change I made was exchanging out the sand for a larger grain. Thats when I saw the nutrients begin to rise and corals do poorly. This was several months ago, before Zeo.. When should I start to see a decline in nutrients?

Comment

Can you please post a full tank shot and a picture of your sump to give me a better idea of your system ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	597420Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	597421
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the pictures, but I can not see anything problematic. Do you still run the reactor with the 3 hour on / off interval ?

G.Alexander

Comment

The reactor is currently on 24/7. My lps all seem fine. I would like to get my nutrients back down so I can try SPS again.

Comment

Running the reactor with continuous flow is OK and should be helpful to prevent PO4 increasing furthermore.

I would recommend to continue dosing as follows for the next 2 weeks:

ZeoBac – 5 drops every day for 10 days after the exchange, than 5 drops every other day
                            ZeoStart – 0.45 ml 2 x daily

Optional you can dose 10 drops BioMate every other day

Please post a update in about 2 weeks or whenever you notice a further increase of PO4.

G.Alexander

Comment

It doesn't seem like my nutrients are decreasing that much. I have followed the recommended dosing.

September 1st: Phosphate: .16
                              September 8th: Phosphate: Increased to .19
                              September 12th: Phosphate: Increased to .23

I would have thought Zeovit would have reduced the nutrients by now. Not sure what else to do.
                              Last edited by SuperSaiyanTang; 09-12-2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

What have you used before ZeoVit to control nutrients ? Please also post your actual dosing regimen.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                                X