Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting fresh with Zeovit

Zeovit Tank Survey
    1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter - 210 US gallons
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter - est. 180 US gallons
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique - CaCO2 reactor, ill be using KZ aragonite media and zeomag. Its not currently running since there are no corals
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)- No
    5. Are you using Ozone - No
    6. Are you using UV - No
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) - Super Reef Octopus 8" Internal- SRO-3000int
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels - 0.00 and 0.00, tank has been running for 5 days
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels- Ca 470, Alk 8.5, Mg 1450.
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) - I am using a theiling rollermat
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) - ATI SunPower 8x80 watt t5- using 4 blue plus, 2 coral plus, and 2 actinic. Bulbs are about 6 months old
    12. What corals do you keep - None currently, plan to keep mostly sps primarily Acropora
    13. Tissue color (light or dark) - No corals in tank
    14. How long has the tank been running - 5 days since the restart
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system - I want the nutrient stability that comes with zeovit and the coloration and growth that comes with that.
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)-None
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) - There is roughly 100 pounds of Marco dry rock
    18. Any present problems - None currently
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) -
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) - Hana for KH, PO4, Red Sea Pro for NO3 and calcium. Salifert for potassium
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.
    Every Day: zeostart-1.5ml, sponge power-7 drops, zeobak- 7 drops every Wednesday and Saturday.
    Zeovit Stones 1.7 liters in a bubble magus 2.5l reactor.
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) Keep Salinity at 1.026, temperature generally stays just below 80F
    23. Which salt brand do you use - Red Sea blue bucket

Hello everyone, I wanted to start a thread for my tank so that I can have a place to ask questions as they arise and post updates as the tank progresses. A little backstory, I have a 180 gallon tank that I started about 2 years ago that crashed recently and had a horrible Aiptasia outbreak. I decided to completely tear down the tank, drain it, and clean it and start fresh. I also decided I would take this opportunity to start the zeovit system on a what is essentially a new tank.

I have been following the zeovit 14 day initial cycle as close as I can. There are no fish or coral in the tank at this time, just dry rock and dry aragonite sand.

I just have a few questions to start.

1. Using the 14 day cycle, at what point do I change out the zeolites?
    2. When do I begin doing water changes?
    3. The reactor I'm using has a problem with the smaller stones getting caught in the side of the reactor and I can't pump it. Is it okay to place the smaller stones in a media bag inside the reactor? I already have a different pump on the way, I know the pump for this reactor is too strong.
    4. Are my dosing amounts and around of zeolite media correct?

That's all the questions I can think of for now. If there is any other questions I can answer please let me know. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Helo toche, welcome to ZeoVit

Link #7, complete and detailed Zeo14 cycle plan

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...nformation-faq

1. The first ZeoVit material is kept in the first 4 weeks, this is the first exchange time
    2. Usually start to change water 5~10% after 6~8 weeks
    3. Yes, mainly the flow rate. The reactor flow rate seems very important. For your system, the flow rate is about 700L per hour
    4. After the 14-day cycle, slightly adjust the dose of Zeo Sponge Power 7 drops every other day. Correct, ZeoVit material per 1 liter/400L sea water

When adding some functional animals, such as: snails. Zeo activated carbon: 0.7 liters, use malt bag, passive flight, change every 30 days

Comment

You can place the smaller stones in a mash bag placing it on the top of the reactor also. Alternatively there are reactors available which have a outer and a inner tube which does resolve this problem. A further alternative is using the material for the automatic reactors:

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/Sal...chparam=zeovit

As you start up a fresh system I would recommend to replace 50% of the ZeoVit material after about 4 weeks. Additional 4 weeks later replace 90% of the material, later exchange can be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks as Jacky has already mention.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
      X