Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passage new tank from old - 300 lt to 400 lt

Hello

Next Saturday I will passage to new tank.
    Currently I have 300 lt 8 years old. I'm using ZEOVIT since 1 year.

I will use all old water + 40% new water, I will use all live rock in current tank.

Any suggestion when I will start new tank? Dosing START3, ZEOBAK, ZEOLITE, SPONGE POWER, etc etc etc

Hello Tony, do you have a chance to cycle the new system first before moving the animals or has the move to be done on the same day when you setup the new system ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
      Hello Tony, do you have a chance to cycle the new system first before moving the animals or has the move to be done on the same day when you setup the new system ?

G.Alexander
      Hi Alexander

has the move to be done on the same day when you setup the new system

Comment

Hello Tony, moving a system on one day is always risky but if you do not have a choice I would do this as follows:

Mix the necessary water quantity you need additional for your system a couple of days before, placing the old ZeoVit material in the mixing container also and dose a couple of drops ZeoBac and some ZeoStart. Make sure the water has the correct temperature before you transfer the ZeoVit material.

Place the animals in a temporary holding system with 100% old water. Clean the rocks using old water to remove sediments etc, and place them in the temporary holding system also together with the skimmer.

Break down the old system and install the new system, use some of the old sand which is rinsed in saltwater well together with fresh sand in the new system. Fill it up with as much old water you have and add the fresh mixed water together with the live rock from your old system.

Install all the necessary equipment and if that is finished move your animals in the new system.

Add the necessary ZeoVit quantity in your reactor and start it running with continuous flow. For a net water volume of 400 liters gallons use 1 liter material with a water flow of 400 liters gallons per hour.

Dose 1 x daily 8 drops ZeoBac and SpongePower and 0.8 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily for 3 days, than continue dosing as follows for the first 2 weeks:

4 Drops ZeoBac – every other day
        0.4 ml ZeoStart - 2 x daily
        4 drops SpongePower – every other day

Additional place the old ZeoVit material in your sump in a mash bag as a biological filtration material. It can be removed later.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
        X